• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why does he do this?!

jasonbunny

Warren Scout
i have had my rescue rabbit jason for around 4 months now, lovely thing he is. Lately though if i have my feet on the floor, he has started running in circles around them, over and over again! I have to put them up sometimes because i get cross in the end! he will then go off and do mad binkies before settling down on the floor! any ideas? he is not neutered yet, but shows no aggressive signs etc.

Tango used to do that before he got neutered. It got to the point where you couldn't walk in a straight line because he'd be running round your feet. That;s my opinion but I'm sure someone with nore experience will be along soon.

Emrys does that too. He did it before he got castrated and would then try and hump my legs. Now he just runs circles around me like he's doing a tribal territorial dance. Emrys and I are very close so I can only assume its his way of claiming me. I must admit its better than getting sprayed all the time.
Emrys is a bit wacky and hyper and very affectionate with females but macho aggressive with males.
Jason is probably a strong personality too and is just demonstrating that. I'd definatly get him done. In most cases it stops.

He lurves you! :lol: He's courting you and showing you what a big brave and strong bunny he is. Does he grunt too? If not it's only a matter of time. Try giving him a teddy bear to occupy him, but make sure he doesn't bite its eyes off. :)

Is he neutered?
Yep, his courting you:) Usually this is most common when unneutered...and itll lead to a ton of spraying and grumpiness and even humping if you dont get him fxed:lol: weve been there
If neutered they sometimes do it to show affection but its not as often

lol oh my god, courting me :lol:! he does grunt as well, i only noticed it last nght, its very low and sounds like he is going hut hut hut hut! He has really come out of himself since we got him and i do spoil him rotten. I will get him booked in to be neutered though as i am quite paranoid he might try an 'affectionate' nip on one of my toes one of these days! Plus he needs his teeth checked :D

He lurves you and is showing how impressive and speedy he is. It's called circling.......you might also hear him humming (sooty's hum sounded like a little honk honk honk of a passing ferry) and if you leave it too long before neutering you may encounter spraying which isn't half as nice :D

yeh my max used to do that hes feelin a little frisky and your the one he wants lol:lol::lol::lol:, best to get him booked for the chop i say :oops: x

woooo, Jason lurves yoooou! lol, Carlton would do it every morning while going "honk honk honk honk" which used to really make me laugh. then he would nip my ankles! ouch! since neutering, he's stops nipping, the honks are quieter and the circles of love remain, especially when food is involved! :lol:

i'd suggest booking him in to be neutered, you catch him just before the spraying and humping begin, i'm so glad i've never experienced either of those habits!!

right going to phone his vets tomorrow lol, see when i can have him done. I dont fancy spraying and nipping with two young toddlers in the house, though i am flattered that he loves me :lol:

Back