• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advise needed

jesska

Alpha Buck
:wave: well i have 8 bunnies and 3 piggies but was thinking of getting another rabbit. well actually iv seen one at the Rspca and really sweet more elderly but really like her:D just thinking though is maybe 9 rabbit taking it two far. i just can offer plenty of space for her food all her vaccines (already neutered) what im trying to say i can offer he everything including lots of love cuddles and attention. just been 9 bunnies? i cope easy with my bunster now cause i have a group of 5 bunnies then one old man, cookie netherland dwarf has bad temper. and tinsel doesn’t like any other bunnies but like humans :lol:

what im asking is am i making the right decision making my family larger??
i am 18 in college but only there 3 days a week have i have a supportive mum and boyfriend what think the world of them too. but really love my babies and i put alot of time into them. and i really think i could easy manage another one

:wave: advise please

thanks for listen to me gabbing on its just on my mind but i do really like her:love:

I think as long as you have the time to spend with them all and the money for all that they need theres no problem with getting another. You'll be giving another bun a good home :D

hey thanks yeah i have the money and space and time, just it sound really 9 bunnies and 3 piggies i think im just worring about it all

personally jess, if your worried i wouldn't.

you need to be sure before you commit to another bunny x

hmm yeah but i do always worry :lol: i do manage perfectly fine now and well i am giving this loving lady a home haha she another white lop with blue eyes around 4 years old and just in love

If you are just worrying as in thinking omg i have 9 bunnies! And not worrying because you think it will be a struggle i wouldnt worry about numbers. I have 2 dogs 4 bunnies and 7 gerbils. I spend all my spare time with the animals and love it. I dont think it matters the amount of animals if they are well taken care of. You could have lots and lots of animals and take care of them well, and then someone else could have just one but not bother with it.

minimallow that what im worrying about all the bunnies when people ask i think they get a big shock. its just i do spend allot of time they are like my babies and im glad you have lots of animals too. i do enjoy cleaning them out, and watching jump around the garden :lol: i think im going to get that girl!!

i think the problem is ltos of people assume the worst when u have alot of a particular pet, but if you know you can provide everything that bunny needs, then go for it.

xxxx

Hiya,I'm up to 6 bunnies now and I've still got another boy to pair up ....as long as they are cared for properly whats the problem?

The bunny you're thinking about sounds gorgeous,if you get her you must post pics!

I think if you're sure you've got the space and time then go for it.

I very nearly got another pair last year which would have took me from 6 buns to 8. But when I thought about it realisticly I couldn't have taken on any more. I'm glad I didn't now because I'm expecting a baby this year.

Bunnies can become a bit of an obsession :lol:

Hi, I've got 10 buns myself so I know what you mean - is taking on another one taking it too far. I think as long as you've got the time, space & money to take in another one - go for it. She sounds like she'll be loved to bits & spoilt rotten - which is of course what we have our pets for. People think I'm mad because I've got 10 buns, but hey I don't care, it's my choice & my husband also loves them all to bits. We get sooooo much pleasure from our buns & cats, which I would't change for the world. Let us know what you decide xx

I'm a bit of a worrier too...ATM I could take on another rabbit or pair (I have 8 rabbits of my own), but I always worry about whether I could cope if some of them got ill at the same time, or anybun needed intensive nursing for a long period of time.

Perhaps have a think about worst case scenarios and decide whether you'd be able to cope in those situations.

I find fostering satisfys my need for bunnies, and I like knowing that they can go back to the rescue if needs be.

Amy

hey guys thanks for your advise its made me think about alot. yes money,care,time, and space a few is no worry. just where do i stop with bunnies? yeah it is so addictive and yes this is a matter i do need to think about what if a few turned ill ?could i give all of the intensive care needed? i only have on pair of hands? what does eveyone eles do when a few of there buns turn ill? im sorry but i do worry so bloody much. but i do feel its right getting because she older bunny no one want her, she been there some time and i can make her last few years special fo her :D

Back