• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh dear look if you want a laugh

jenzel5

Mama Doe
Well I think it is safe to say that painting is not my talent :roll::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I cant stop laughing at it. I think I will attempt another when I find all of my proper brushes and paint

IMG_1058.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I dont think I can fix it
My excuse is I only have 1 cheap brush to use and cheap paint.

Here's the badger I painted at xmas though. My best panting yet

badger.jpg

Cheap brushes?! Cheap paint?! Imagine which Da Vinci would have had to use!! No excuse!! :lol:

I think it has a lot of potential :) Looks like acrylic, am I right? Well then, you can fix it because you can paint over anything you don't like ;)

I say pursue it, and if you really aren't pleased in several days time then fair enough, but right now it looks like it's only just been started, and there's so much more you could do :D

Thanks. I think I may try and make it better but if it doesn't work out I will start again. I had loads of different sized brushes but can't find them. It just means I can add detail a little better with them. I think my head wasn't in it really. I think I may attempt another and do little bits every day. I was so proud of my badger. and yes it is acrylic

Yeh the badger is lovely, really nicely done :D But art can be like that sometimes, one day you can create something you are really happy with then it doesn't seem to happen for ages, you've really got to be in the right frame of mind and I suspect you are even harder on yourself with this one because you are trying to get it so right because they are your buns! :D

it doesn't look like a failed piece, you have to start with a base and build it up, you can still rescue it, that's the joy of acrylic. take it slowly, in shorts burst, build it up and i bet it'll come good!

I think it looks like a good start. Paintings always look a bit weird to start with (or is that just me :oops: ) so I wouldn't give up yet :D

Like Thea says you can paint over anything you don't like.

I'd start with the background, it's much much easier to paint hairs over the background than it is to try and fill background in around them later.

Next black the colours in like you have done. Then swap to a little brush and do the detail. Look really closely at each section like it's a mini picture all of it's own. So just look at the eye and paint all the detail or look at the fringe and paint the light and dark sections :)

Tam

Back