• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Veggies and Fruit

Keyzzee

Warren Scout
Hi
Can anyone out there in bunny land, give me some advice what veggies and fruit I can feed my little gang. I have been feeding them the usual spring greens, carrots, broccolli, parsley, and apples, but I want to expand their diet but not sure what I can and cant give them. Im sure I read somewhere that they are partial to dried pineapple is this true, any suggestions would be grateful received. :?

i got dylan some thyme that was reduced in asda, he went mental and for
20p it lasted ages as i just gave him a bit as a treat every few days

Celery, coriander, basil, lavender, marjoram, radish tops, sweet peppers, apple, pear, banana, parsnip, peas, pumpkin, swiss chard, watercress, spinach, curly kale, rocket.

I am sure that you already know, but just for those who may not, you should always introduce new foods in very small amounts and very gradually so as not to upset the bunny's very sensitive stomach.

Most of the above should only be given in small quantities for various reasons.

All fruit should be given as a treat as it is high in sugar.

Green veg such as spinach, peas, curly kale should be given in small amounts as it is high in calcium which can cause bladder sludge and in extreme circumstances, stones.

Helen:D

There is a useful post elsewhere on the forums that should provide you with plenty of information and also lots of discussion about what you can or cannot feed to your bunny.

Bunny Food

The main things seems to be introduce a small quantity in the beginning one type at a time.

many thanks guys, my bunnies will be delighted with the increase in their food choices, albeit in small doses to introduce them.

Back