• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

R.I.P Wheatie.

Craig1

New Kit
My sister and her friend found a wild rabbit - a baby one that was so small, and bony. It was the runt of the litter and must have been left behind.
It was near to a main road, and they brought it back, and we gave it a carry box with straw, shavings and milk, plus a fluffy toy to snuggle up to.
That night, my sister brought the box into my room, and it was stratching the side. I opened the box and it stood there looking up at me. It also tried to jump out of the box, I very carefully put him into his straw, stroked him and closed the box.
Soon, he was stratching again, so I brought him onto my bed and watched him run around, I stroked him and put him back in the box.
Just before teatime, he took a turn for the worse, and appeared to have had a stroke, gone all limp, and would'nt have much milk.
As my sister and her friend were out, me and my mother looked in and saw that his breathing was slowing and he was opening his mouth wide everytime to breathe. His front legs started moving, and then it all stopped. His ear flopped down and he was still.

He was lovely, his licking my fingers and the tip of my nose, he will be very much missed. It was for the best, nature wise, that he found eternal rest, and that he would'nt suffer. We found him before he was run over or a fox got him. In his soft bodied, weakened state, he would'nt have lasted very long.

Wheatie, heres to you, you cute, tiny bunny. R.I.P
Big kisses, we all love you. xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Back