• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this a good sign?!

Hugbut

Mama Doe
My unbonded pair, Hugo & Phoebe accidently met through the bars of the baby gate today, when i realised, i stood & watched for a second - i've never bonded a male & female before so have no idea if what they did was good or not...Phoebe was making quiet grunting sounds, they didn't sound aggressive,like low pitched squeaks & Hugo lowered his head & closed his eyes, they were kind of nuzzling eachother & then Phoebe pulled out some of Hugo's hair & ate it :shock: It was at that point i gently seperated them.
So, i'm just wondering if anyone can tell me if these sound like good signs? *crosses fingers*

Sounds good to me; it certainly could have gone a lot worse! :lol:

The first time Lucifer & Azrael met Lucifer was trying to bite Azrael through the bas of the cage :shock::roll::lol:

Sounds good to me; it certainly could have gone a lot worse! :lol:

The first time Lucifer & Azrael met Lucifer was trying to bite Azrael through the bas of the cage :shock::roll::lol:

:shock: I don't know what i'dve done if there was an argument on their first date :lol:

I'm really hoping i can eventually bond them, it'd be great for Hugo to have a wife & poor little Phoebe to have some much deserved love:D

:shock: I don't know what i'dve done if there was an argument on their first date :lol:

I'm really hoping i can eventually bond them, it'd be great for Hugo to have a wife & poor little Phoebe to have some much deserved love:D

Car drive! Works a treat for me (so far! :lol:)

Yep; I did it for Lucifer & Nyx and then did it twice when bonding them with Azrael - they had a few problems at first hence why they got two!

Do i have to do anything first? Or literally just put them in the carrier & hope for the best :lol: Sorry for being stupid, but i'm worried if i do something wrong they'll end up scrapping & it'll be a disaster :(

Do i have to do anything first? Or literally just put them in the carrier & hope for the best :lol: Sorry for being stupid, but i'm worried if i do something wrong they'll end up scrapping & it'll be a disaster :(

With my three they're not so keen on the carrier - it means a vet trip! :lol: So they behaved in it! :lol: The first time, with Lucifer & Nyx we went to O/H's parents, about an hour away, and they were all snuggled together by the time we got there!

When bonding the three of them the first car trip (45 mins just driving around) was to settle the scrapping that wasn't stopping; the second one (to O/H's parents again) was just to "cement" them together.

Thank you, you're being very helpful :D Do you think i should wait until Phoebe is spayed until i try the drive, incase the bond is broken when she goes in for her op? (Hugo is neutered btw :wave:)

Thank you, you're being very helpful :D Do you think i should wait until Phoebe is spayed until i try the drive, incase the bond is broken when she goes in for her op? (Hugo is neutered btw :wave:)

It might be best. I suppose it all depends on whether your vet would let Hugo go in with Phoebe & also whether he could be trusted not to bite/chew on her stitches etc.

It might be best. I suppose it all depends on whether your vet would let Hugo go in with Phoebe & also whether he could be trusted not to bite/chew on her stitches etc.

He's a very good boy, but of course i couldn't say for sure that he wouldn't be interested in her stitches so i think i'll wait until she is all fixed - thank you for all your help :wave:

Back