• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rabbits sense stress??

Mazda

Warren Veteran
.. Because lately things have been pretty stressfull in our house. ( :cry: ) and i have been pretty stressed,

And Pebble seems to be a bit "off" with me! She is fine in herself and everything! But, she has run away from me twice in three days!! :shock: On tuesday i went out to feed her at 7.50 before i went to get the bus to school at 8.00 and she decided to leap out of the top story of her hutch and have a run around the garden, which has no wall cause we are having an extension built!! As you can imagine i was running round like a headless chicken trying to catch her, without missing my bus for school!! if i lost her i dunno what i would do, but luckly the bus was late and i caught her! and put her safely back in the hutch!! They earlier on she leaoed of my lap while i was in the garden with her! :shock: She had a run, i was chaseing her, then she decieded to sit under the huch for half an hour! i couldnt reach her to grab her!! and i couldnt leave her as the garden is pretty much open, with there being no wall and all that. SHe has never tried to run away before.... Could it be that she is senceing that i am stressed and she wants to get away from it??

any help, suggestion would be great.

Love Mai :wave:
xxx

Yes my rabbits don't like me when i'm stressed if your stressed they sense somethings wrong and when there around there owner who is in a stressed state they run away.

I watch "The Dog Whisperer" alot, basically I think any animal has heightened senses. I think it helps to stay calm, and make it so that the bunny feels it has a good reason to be near you rather than be stressed with you :)

x x

I think my bunnies can sense stress but they seem to be quite moody as well. Sometimes they love having a fuss. Other times they don't want to know me :(

Yeah I think they know if somethings up.

Last week I was yelling at the hubby and Moonshine and Flopsy were stamping their feet and grunting. They weren't impressed.:roll:

awww, thanks guys! she did it again last night!! An hour it took me to catch er, so much for an early night!! :lol: i just thought she was being naughty! :roll: But mabye not. I hate her not wanting to be near me, i hurts!! :( I spose ill have to try be less stressed around her! you could probably sense the stress in our hours from the other side of the street!! :shock: its that bad!!

Back