PDA

View Full Version : Food advice

Cynthia
05-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Hey everyone i have a 4 month old rabbit. I am just wondering how much food everyone gives there rabbit. ALso does everyone just give it to them twice a day or do you just keep food in there when the bowl is empty do you refill then. Every morning i go to work and i fill her bowl up and i just have one of those small bowls. When i come home in the afternoons she still have like half a bowl full. She just nibbles here and there all day. Just want to make sure that i am doing it right. Please help

TheGaffer
05-06-2008, 06:36 PM
I only give mine a handful of pellets per 2 buns buns per day. They eat mainly hay so don't need pellets really

twinks22
05-06-2008, 07:50 PM
It all depends on her breed really is she a small bunny if you don't know the breed maybe you can put a pic up so we can have a look but if you get home and her bowls half full i'd feed her half a bowl once a day with plenty of hay maybe changing her food would be a good idea whats she on?

Cynthia
05-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Here is a pic. Not sure what breed she is. Sorry about the eyes she is not evil i promise.

http://i27.tinypic.com/s4vvb4.jpg

Amethyst
05-06-2008, 08:32 PM
She's lovely! :love:

But you do need to cut back on pellets. They're not a bunny's main source of food, and should only be fed as a supplement. Hay, hay and MORE hay should be what you feed! :thumb: Mine only get a tablespoon of pellets every day (in the mornings) and always have fresh hay available.

AMETHYST

Cynthia
05-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Thank you so much and she loves hay. I feed her alfalfa hay while she is a baby is that okay

DixieLuBun
05-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Upon reading this I think I am over feeding Dixie and Lupin, they get one bowl full of pellets a day because it is alway empty then plenty of fresh spring veg as well as Hay/Straw. That's not forgetting the apple cores the kids give them and the fresh grass when they roam free in the garden. Lupin always gives me the look :cry: I need more food. Think after reading these I will cut down loads.

Amethyst
05-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Lupin always gives me the look :cry: I need more food.

Mine ALL do that! :lol: Anyone would think I starve them the way they react when it's food time! :roll: :lol:

AMETHYST