• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Food advice

Cynthia

Young Bun
Hey everyone i have a 4 month old rabbit. I am just wondering how much food everyone gives there rabbit. ALso does everyone just give it to them twice a day or do you just keep food in there when the bowl is empty do you refill then. Every morning i go to work and i fill her bowl up and i just have one of those small bowls. When i come home in the afternoons she still have like half a bowl full. She just nibbles here and there all day. Just want to make sure that i am doing it right. Please help

I only give mine a handful of pellets per 2 buns buns per day. They eat mainly hay so don't need pellets really

It all depends on her breed really is she a small bunny if you don't know the breed maybe you can put a pic up so we can have a look but if you get home and her bowls half full i'd feed her half a bowl once a day with plenty of hay maybe changing her food would be a good idea whats she on?

Here is a pic. Not sure what breed she is. Sorry about the eyes she is not evil i promise.

s4vvb4.jpg
[/IMG]

She's lovely! :love:

But you do need to cut back on pellets. They're not a bunny's main source of food, and should only be fed as a supplement. Hay, hay and MORE hay should be what you feed! :thumb: Mine only get a tablespoon of pellets every day (in the mornings) and always have fresh hay available.

AMETHYST

Thank you so much and she loves hay. I feed her alfalfa hay while she is a baby is that okay

Upon reading this I think I am over feeding Dixie and Lupin, they get one bowl full of pellets a day because it is alway empty then plenty of fresh spring veg as well as Hay/Straw. That's not forgetting the apple cores the kids give them and the fresh grass when they roam free in the garden. Lupin always gives me the look :cry: I need more food. Think after reading these I will cut down loads.

Back