• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im Furious FLYSTRIKE

lisabunnie

Alpha Buck
those buns had been very badly treated before they came to rescue i nursed them for a long time and now it dies like this.

She actually had the cheek to say that she'd like to have another pair when things had settled down. She has more chance of me marrying George Clooney and giving birth to quins than she has getting her paws on any more buns from me.

She seemed so lovely makes me feel like giving up homing and keeping the lot

Binky free bun bun :cry:

Last edited:
:shock: Oh god, I'm so sorry this has happened :cry:

Some people just can't be helped and even the ones that seem as though they mean really well and come across responsible can change as soon as something "more important" comes along :roll:

I would refuse to give her any more, as I am sure you will, but explain to her why and she might not go out and buy any more being wracked with guilt. People like this need to learn that animals are not throw away commodities and you can't just go and a buy another because the last one you looked after died of flystrike (that YOU caused) :?

I feel for you, I really do :(

One of Angie's ex-rescue buns died of Flystrike yesterday....only she was totally healthy and well cared for at the time.

Some people's attitudes are sickening. Let's hope she dosn't get any more rabbits from anywhere. :evil:

I am so sorry to hear your news.

I am sure you are heartbroken that the buns passed away.

Thing is that you make the best judgment you can based on what you see and feel at the time you are re-homing don't you. This woman obviously hasn't learned anything if she thinks that she can just get some more.

Sadly, it happened to a bunny that was adopted from the rescue where I worked too. The bunny had the worst flystrike I have ever witnessed and the woman just didn't have a clue. With hindsight, the rescue owner would never have re-homed to her but at the time she seemed like she was great.Luckily the bunny recovered.

Please don't give up on the re-homing as you obviously make a massive difference to the bunnies who you do find new families for.

She knows never to ask me for another bun again,
:evil:
She was in tears when she got off the phone after i had gone completely mad at her.

I feel sick at her sheer lack of compassion, it was her fault completely and believe me she now knows it.

Poor poor bun

Back