• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Missing our lost ones... but we just had to...

Gerbil43

Warren Scout
Not fathomed how to work out photos yet but avatar is little Sandy... acquired as a she... but turned out to be a he! Too cute & friendly to ever consider taking back to dodgy pet shop. Went to local RSPCA rescue centre initially but unfortunately they didn't have any buns we felt were for us. Am keeping an eye out though. Great place!
Oh and Sandy has a mate Pola (a lop - backwards) who resembles a pola(r) bear... or so the rest of my family tell me. Keepin them separate for now (for obvious reasons) but garden is alive again!
Many thanks for all the great support this wonderful forum has given us after the loss of our previous bun family. They were our first bun pets and the joy they gave us we'll never forget. Hopefully Sandy & Pola will go some way to filling that void.
Give your buns a big cuddle tonight. You all deserve it

:D what a cutie! can't wait to see pics... if you need a hand figuring it out feel free to PM me :wave:

Many thanks folks. These little critters really get a grip on your heart don't they.

Pola is only about 10 weeks old. Sandy is a little older but given what the pet shop told us we can't be sure. Am planning to take him to the vets next week for a general check up and to see if they think he's ready to have THAT operation!

Buns on a diet? Media/peer pressure? Carrot flavoured slimfast? They look well enough (to my untrained eye). Maybe too much pampering?

Stumbled across this web site earlier today. Something about bunny behaviour and The Language of Lagomorphs. Very informative and had me laughing out loud on several occasions. Well worth checking out and hopefully you'll recognise many of your buns traits. Could be the first lesson in talking to rabbits... or your friends & family thinking you've finally lost it...

http://language.rabbitspeak.com/rabbittalk.html

People already think I've lost it.:shock:

Interesting reading on that thread - yes I can relate to quite a few:D

Sandy (that is the boy?) will be ready if his "things" have dropped. I think Homer was about 4 months old before we could have him done. Definitely knew it was time when he took a fancy to my arm. :oops::oops:

Yes, too much pampering has made them tubby but vet also thinks it could be because Homer is digesting food better now we are getting his teeth under control and he can chew easier. He has put on 1lb since August!! I have to cut right down on the fresh pineapple juice for them :oops: (hmm, he originally told me to give it them for hairballs each week) Katy is just plain greedy.

Back