• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny run time

Julia123

Warren Veteran
:wave: Just wondering how long most people let their buns out for? I'm used to free range house bunnies but now have two outdoors. They have 4x3 kennel with 6x4 permanent run and 8x4 additional run until about 11.30pm. I let them out for runs in the garden when I'm home until it gets dark but they quite often go back in the kennel and run. They seem happy so assume this enough time out? If i go out however they just have the kennel and two runs :roll:

I let my bunnies out till they decide to come back in 8/9 hours ish. Sometimes its really annoying because they have half the garden each but just sit in their runs when they could be running round :lol:

Bobbin and Roo stay in their cage (approx 6 x 4.5 ft) until I come home from work at 6.

Then from 6 until I go to bed, anywhere between 11 and 1.30am they have run of their room which is approx 13 x 8 ft

So run time is 5-8 hrs

ETA: Just spoke to Roo and she was very jealous that you are online and I am talking to you :oops: She sends lots and lots of kisses!!! :love: :wave:

Last edited:
Tibbler usually has about 5 hours out every day, unless the weather is really foul, in which case she stays in her little run in the yard that's attached to her hutch. On nice evenings she stays out until I put the chickens in, about 9-ish usually.

I let mine out before work and they stay out until I go to bed around 10ish or if I'm really tired or going out in the evening and Ste and Bryn aren't there they go in about tea time. On a weekend they probably don't get out until about 9-10, but they probably stay out until about 12. probably get a run out of about 14/15 hours a day, but a lot of the time they go back to the hutches themselves.

bunny run time

Hi, i am a newby and i cant work out how to ask a new question, anyway in reply to your subject about run time mine is a baby of 10 weeks so she gets about an hour on the concrete each day, i would appreciate any help in deciding how long to put her on the grass when she eventually gets to 12 weeks, she has had no greens as yet. :wave:

bluebell gets let out around 9am when i get back from school and after a couple of hours she goes back in her hutch.she has a 40ft garden run around in and prefers her hutch!:roll:doors open all day unless i go out then she goes back in.x

For as long as it is light Millie is out in her run, and then she comes in the house for a few hours in the evening. So a long time!:D

My lot have a 6x3 run attached the the playhouse (on concrete) which they can go in from 6.30am-6.30pm. However between 6.30am-7.30am and 3pm-6.30pm, they can use the big 9 foot circular panel run on the grass.

since they sleep all through the middle of the day I lock mine in their hutch/shed from 11 till 4.30 - Benny is only active very late evening and early morning - if I let him out for a run after 10am he just sits there for an hour - same if I let him out earlier than 5pm :roll: However he does insist on using the patio drain as a toilet now, so I let him out before breakfast for a wee, then give him pellets and leave his hutch open for about one and a half hours - then let the girls out (who have already breakfasted before he did) for an hour and a half. Then Benny comes out again at 4.30 for a wee - I leave him out a couple of hours then swap them around on the patio - Girls have a couple of hours then I let Benny out for half an hour before bed so he's not bursting for the loo by morning :)

If it's raining I only let Benny out for a quick circuit of the patio and a wee - I don't let the girls out if it's wet as they have a big shed to exercise in :)

Wattsy - when you want to start a new topic, go into the main forum page, choose the sub-heading that you want your thread to be in, for example Rabbit Chat, and then click on 'New Thread' (the blue box top left hand side of the page). Bung in a title and then type away!

As for feeding greens to a baby bun, I'm sure there are people much more qualified that me to answer that one. It's been years since I had a baby bun and I think I probably did it all wrong back then! I used to just give tiny amounts of veg and gradually build it up over a few weeks. But as for putting them on grass - I just did this immediately and was probably lucky that I never had any problems. However, as I said, I'm not qualified to answer this one properly so I'm sure someone with much more experience of youngsters will give you some help.

However he does insist on using the patio drain as a toilet now, so I let him out before breakfast for a wee,

I remember your post on this, still makes me laugh :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for all the posts, puts my mind a rest that Bungle and Nush have enough space and exercise :D I guess i just compare it to the other bunnies who have the whole house :?

mine r out from 8am until 7/8pm weather permitting. if the weather is bad they cant go out at all bcus the runs r seperate to the hutches.

Back