• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Auction fundraiser for Eastbourne Rabbit Rescue

loopylop

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of Ben's Mum

Well, I can finally announce the reason for the t-shirt poll...as probably guessed, it's a bit of fundraising, but also to celebrate the launch of the new website for Eastbourne Rabbit Rescue :) http://eastbourne.yoggiedrops.net
I have, up for grabs, 2 t-shirts and a tote/shopping bag, handpainted for bunny fans :)
First up is this sleepy harlequin lop top. It's a size small/10 if I remember correctly (it's not to hand - in a safekeeping place! Will confirm tomorrow). I usually wear a size 8 top and as you can see it's a loose-ish fit. Only tried on for 2 seconds to show sizing!
Picture%20022.jpg

Then we have (as seen in the sneak-peak) this dutch-y bun, size 14-16 (again will double-check though)
Picture%20019.jpg

Last but not least, this castor rex cotton shopping bag. It did come out quite dark unfortunately, but the pic makes it a bit darker than in real life I think too. Perhaps it's trying to be a black otter ;)
Picture%20002.jpg

Picture%20003.jpg

There will also be a Nethie t-shirt up for grabs, but it's work in progress ;)

These t-shirts/bag will be a public auction, so reply with your bid (higher than the previous) and which item you're bidding for, and the winner will contact Caroline at Eastbourne Rabbit Rescue to make their donation. The item will be posted first class as soon as the donation is recieved. Starting bids are at £3 for each item.
I am also going to offer ONE custom t-shirt or bag. This will be offered by a private auction, i.e. you PM me your bid and at the end date, the highest bid wins. You won't know the competing bids but are free to higher your bid at any point if you feel it's worth upping your bid just incase :) T-shirts will likely be of similar style to these, once you have won and let me know what size you require I will let you know what styles and colours are available. The design can be of your own bun or another design - doesn't even have to be bun related, but can be up to a maximum of 6" x 6". If you prefer a bag, it will be done on the same type of bag as the rex one above.
All auctions will end in one week, Wednesday June 11th at 9pm (time of writing this!)
Your donations will help out buns in need AND get you a cute t-shirt, so please dig deep ;)

Just to add - all items have been washed at a 30 degree cycle with a Persil non-bio washing capsule, just so people are aware incase you have allergies and need to wash in your own detergent. The fabric paint instructions recommend a 30 degree wash, and as these have washed fine my end I will not be able to take responsibility if they run - they have been heatsealed according to instructions and gone through a test-wash so should be fine as long as the washing instructions are adhered to.

Last edited:
Oh, just wanted to say thanks to those that gave me permission to use their pics for reference - Raven's Rexes, Amethyst and bunny_burrows' pics are the ones I used for these :)

Update on sizes
Sleeping lop is a size 10-12, but more a 10 I'd say

Dutch is definately 14-16

Just to clarify as someone wasn't quite sure. These are 3 public-bid auctions, one for each item displayed. You just need to reply with which one you're bidding, and any bid (as long as it's higher than the previous one). Starting at £3 each.
There's a 4th auction for any design on any size t-shirt or on a bag, which is a private auction, so you PM me your bid and hope that it's higher than anyone else's. If you win, you let me know what design you want (photo of your bun or something) and what size t-shirt you want it on or if you want it on a bag.
Bit like Ebay, but trying to save the fees so they can go towards helping the buns rather than lining Ebay's pockets ;)

:lol: As much as id love to the pennies forbid it. Im already doing other fundraisers as well as saving up for a shed for my own buns. Theres so many worthwhile causes. However - if i win the lottery i'll give you a million for it :lol:

Thanks for the bids. I've also had a bid on the custom t-shirt/bag so if you were after it, get your bid in soon ;)

Currently:
Dutch top - £3.50
Rex bag - £5.00
Harlequin - no bids, so grab a bargain ;)
Custom t-shirt/bag - 2 anonymous bids, it's a close one but remember you can bid or up your bid at any time to ensure you win this one

Right i'l bid £3 for the harlequin one too. It will give me the motivation to stick to my diet and eventually fit into it. Its too lovely to give up :D

Thank you :D We have another private bid too, it's quite close. Please remember that it doesn't matter what time you send your private bid in, just that it's the highest out of all the bids, so if you're interested don't leave it last minute and miss out if you forget or your internet dies on you ;)

Back