• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bin-jacking...anyone else do it?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I have coined a new phrase...'bin-jacking'.

A 'bin-jacker' is someone who doesn't have enough room in their bin (e.g. for copious amounts of bunny waste), so dumps it in neighbours bins every bin collection day.

I must confess to filling my neighbours bin up after they leave for work on bin day. I can usually get rid of all my bunny waste this way (minus the 4 bags that I put in my parents bin every fortnight). :oops:

Anybody else have a confession to make?

Amy

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I AM A BIN-JACKER:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I do it every week, I wait untill they have gone to work too:lol::lol::roll::roll:

I was a bin jacker till the council started allowing small animal bedding to be recycled. Sadly they have now annouced they won't be doing this anymore so I will be back to bin jacking :lol:

Once though I'd forgotten the bin day changes after a bank holiday and my neighbour knocked to ask why there was a bin bag of straw in her bin :oops: I lied and said I took it out late at night and must have got the wrong bin :oops:

We used to but then the bin men got really bad at not coming on collection days so didn't think it was fair to fill up their bin when it may sit out there for another couple of days - they pay their council tax for a whole dustbin so felt wrong to me. Also we started only putting rubbish in our dustbin the day before the collection ourselves because of wild rats (they chewed a hole in at the top!) or would often chuck an extra bag in on top on the morning of collection, because if the lid was even slightly ajar we'd get big rooks come and pull all the rubbish out :roll:

I don't put things in our neighbours' bins, but I sometimes take newspaper from the recycling bags, for the litter trays. :oops:

The bin men here wont collect our bins unless the lid is closed... I had a bin jacker once but i removed all his waste stuff and dumped it outside his bin!
Never happened again...

Our neighbours only have really poxy bins so there is never enough space more bunny cr*p in theirs, we brought our big bin from our old house, but I still manage to fill it. :lol:

H xx

I suppose this is fine until the councils start charging for 'pay as you throw' - there was talk of being charged for the weight of the bin! I'm lucky, we have a fortnightly garden waste bin collection (which accepts small animal bedding and waste) so I can cram most of my bunny poo/straw etc into that as well as the small amount of grass cuttings that we have. Anything else goes into my black bin bag. We don't have wheelie bins so I can put out several black sacks if need be. Once the green bin collection stops in November, I have to take it all to the dump until the collections start up again in February.

I did it a lot - until I realised that I was staying up until 2am on a Thursday night to fill about 5 other people's bins:roll: So now I go to the tip every week - they let me put it in garden there instead of household:D

we are Bin Jackers and it is so funny the night before they get collected because David goes mad if another neighbour as beaten us to it:D:lol::lol::lol:

I do it :oops:

I wait until neighbour puts the bin out then i go and find something of mine to put in it,even if it means doing an extra clean of Rosies hutch :oops:Or cut down the hedge and disguise it in a bin liner and shove it in next doors:oops:

No because we have a garden waste bin and with 2 bunnies we don't fill it up that fast, plus its only litter tray waste we dump as they live in a shed with a lino floor. Though I have done it in times of desperation!:shock::lol:

Hi im not a bin jacker yet but seriously considering it. Our council only collects our bins every 2 weeks. Its really annoying
I called the council they said you have to take it to local tip if your bin is full. Its ok them saying that but most of the time its shut as they are redeveloping it. Luckily i have a car but i do think what are other people meant to do if they dont have a car, use public transport with a black sac full of rabbit poos? esp if there is a little hole they they fall out lol !! :lol::lol:

Hi im not a bin jacker yet but seriously considering it. Our council only collects our bins every 2 weeks. Its really annoying
I called the council they said you have to take it to local tip if your bin is full. Its ok them saying that but most of the time its shut as they are redeveloping it. Luckily i have a car but i do think what are other people meant to do if they dont have a car, use public transport with a black sac full of rabbit poos? esp if there is a little hole they they fall out lol !! :lol::lol:

Do it its great fun:lol::lol::lol: I stand upstairs and watch them all go to work one by one, then its a quick dash outside:lol::lol::lol:

My local tip has refused to take my bunny poop twice, and sent me home with it! :shock: I don't even bother taking it any more. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: We don't have that here as we have weekly collections. But we haven't got 'standard issue' bins yet. We just put our bags out for collection on a Monday morning. Only have 3/4 of a bin liner full per week for the 2 of us as we recyle pretty much everything.

Apparantly we are getting loads of bins shortly though, one for recycling, one for rubbish, one for glass, one for waste etc etc etc.... They are all massive bins, I am not sure where anyone is going to be able to fit about 5 bins, it's ludicrous!! :shock: not looking forward to it!

When I was at uni years ago there was a spate of bin burglaries and people would nab your bin and sell it!!! I was without one for a few weeks and I put some rubbish in the neighbours bin. He went balmy and spread it all over my lawn. It was only a tiny bag, and his bin was nearly empty! what a freak!

Back