• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lonely Cookie :-(

debpayne

Young Bun
Hi,
Some of you may have seen my post the other day about a fox getting our poor Rolo. Rolo and Cookie have been bonded for 2 years and now Cookie is desperately missing him, feel so sorry for her......Anyway we are going to get a wooden wendy house type shed for her, similar to the one on the boards here as we feel this is going to be much safer and get her another friend...What I wanted to ask was..Will a rescue help me with the bonding as I'm really worried about it. Cookie and Rolo were together from babies and have always been "in love" Also will Cookie be likely to reject another bunny so soon because she thinks Rolo will come back?
Many thanks

Debbie

s687427983_603989_1049.jpg
Our Poor Rolo
s687427983_603988_682.jpg
Cookie is so lonely

So sorry about what happened to Rolo :(

Lots of rescues will help you with the bonding and will find just the right friend for Cookie :) Why not get in touch with a few in your area and ask them, I'm sure they would be able to help :)

aww poor cookie,
when coco lost molly he was very sad,just sat in his hutch looking down at the floor,no amount of cuddles and stokes replaces a bunny for companionship,
hope you find a partner for her soon:)

One of my fiercely bonded buns was also inconsolable when his sister died - they were 6 years together since birth including 2 years in a smallish hutch in a rescue centre.

We tried to bond him after only a week as he looked SO sad. It was a very very difficult bond with lots of fighting and stuff as he obviously didn't want her - he wanted his sister!!! But we persevered (for various reasons by then we had no choice!!) and now they adore each other and are inseperable. It took about a month though.

Back