• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

magpies

madysmummy

Mama Doe
saw today that two magpies were teasing the buns while they were in the run, pecking at them and jumping on the top of the run !!!! hubby said he's seen them do it before ! i had to shout and run at them twice to get them to fly away.
does anyone else have this problem ?

I havent had them annoying Misty but they steal baby birds and eggs and I wouldnt put it past them to go for Misty :censored: Just clap and shout and scare them off not much else you can do :(

We have one that sits in the tree in the garden but it is scared of Arthur. He goes belting down the garden growling if it lands on the grass. I won't let Dylan out on his own though because of it. Dylan is still really light weight and much smaller than Arthur.

mmmmm doesn't sound good. shall keep a watch for magpies now - and tell hubby to shout at them if he sees them bothering the buns

Thats worrying, there are lots of them in my area but fortunately they dont come in my gardens because of my cats. His runs always covered though so when I build his new one soon i will definitely not make it open top just in case.

Are there any bird deterrents you can use?

luckily I have a roof on my run so I can leave them out unsupervised. Nothing can get in or out!!!!

Back