• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giants

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
I have just seen on the giant rabbit rescue home page at the top,it reads,we are no longer able to take in any more of the so called house rabbits from pets at home.
Does this mean they had lots of them?I suppose it must:cry:
How long before a giant is fully grown?

I'm sure i read somewhere that its 2 years before they are fully grown. However Lola had a huge growth spurt in her first 6-8 months and is slowing down now - she is 13 months old:D

i got a frenchie from them and the lady said at the time the wallace and gromit film was out with a giant rabbit in lots of kids were wanting giant rabbits and getting them from p@h but then when they did not grow as big as they wanted they did not want them anymore:cry: i think she had a lot of probs with p@h who kept wanting her to take on their rabbits they could not sell or cope with:cry::cry: sometimes they advertised giants when they were'nt really and people got disappointed with the bun and returned them:censored:

The Wallace & Gromit film did make kids want them and then when they realise how big they grow they decide to give them up. It is about 18mths before a giant stops growing:D

Back