• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If ts not Maya...its Bindi!!

JIMGRACIE

Mama Doe
Maya was so very poorly just a few weeks ago, and we were so scared of loosing him. Hes all better, but now....

.....Bindi seems to be feeling under the weather too, and needs some vibes please.

She didn't eat any veg or pellets yesterday. I know it sounds strange but some days she just does that. Often when theres bad weather approaching, and the day that the last earthquake hit the UK too. I know it sounds weird but she soon starts eating the next day.
So the ickle monkey has been to the vets this morning, as she still hadn't eaten. Bindi is an absolute misses and an embarrasement. The vet tried to take her temperature and he nearly got a kick in the teeth.
The vet could find nothing wrong. So after the episode with Maya last week we decided we would cover our backs just incase. So gut stimulant, painkiller, anitibiotic, and panacur.
The vet wanted to keep Bindi in until, he nearly got kicked him in the face. I told him i'd cope just fine at home, and wouldn't want anyone getting bitten but me - lol. Guess the experoence i have with animals and the job i am in, and the thought of actually loosing a few teeth let him agree to her coming home.
I have to say this afternoon has been a struggle. The panacur werent so bad, but the syringe feeding is a mission and a half....really hope that she start eating again soon...for my arms sake, and her sake.

did the vet check her back teeth with an otiscope? If her teeth are fine (and not just in your vet's opinion, after poor Charlotte's bloomin useless vet :roll:) then all she needs is fluids - did he give her any fluids? Is she much of a drinker? Quite often they just need a run round as soon as you notice them not eating, and this sorts it out, although it needs to be treated promptly as it gets worse if left. Hope she will be better soon - I don't agree with metaclop and force feeding as it puts too much pressure on the gut if it's full but not moving - try just giving her water in a dish, warmed from the kettle, or by syringe if she won't drink. Or try soaking some pellets in kettle water for 5 mins then mashing them up. Does she eat much hay?

So she ate a carrot top from my hand...i held itright at the end of the stalk cos she tried boxong me, and she tried munching one of my cupboards legs :lol:

Elve - yup Mark checked with a otiscope, and her jaw is moving normally too. I don't like the whole false feeding thing either, neither does Bindi. Think most of the last feed ended up on my pjs, and all over Bindi. :lol: She doesn't drink much either, mainly cos the veg is usually washed before and she gets water from that. Tried her with squishy pellets and she turned her nose up at them, and the recovery food. Its quite hard to tell how much hay she eats, as she has quite a bit of it in her hutch. Am gonna give her a smidge of the piggies ready grass tonight as it smells so good, it might tempt her.

As i left my last message, on Tuesday evening, Bindi was rushed to the vets. She refused her 10pm feed. She would not allow me to syringe feed her, and both Bindi and i were frustrated, and she was obviously very unhappy about something.

I watched Bindis mother grow up, and her mother move her dead brothers and sisters from the nest, and i spoilt Bindi from the moment i saw her leave the nest...i believed she was a surviver. Although Bindi is such a spoilt brat, and has the attitude of a teenage drama queen i love every bone in her body, and hair on it.

Luckily, the vet on call was, Mark, the (rabbit savvy) vet i saw before. He wanted to hospitalise Bindi there and then. I was so greatful to Mark and the young nurses that were ready to tend to Bindis every need.

Last night, Bindi came home. She is almost back to her "normal" self. She has managed to eat most of her morning and evening feed. She still has very small poos, but to see ehr bult away from me is the most amazing thing ever!!

Im so pleased Bindi is home with you :) What an awful time you have had :cry: Sending trillions of vibes Bindis way xx

I can't believe that my two buns have been through so much this last few months...and are back on their feet.

Maya is like a completely new bunny, and Bindi well shes well and truelly back to her ol' self

Lets keep our fingers crossed that its the last time they see the vets for anything nasty

Back