• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Garden Open Days UPDATE Funds raised Bottom of page 1

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Hi everyone!:wave:

I am holding my annual Garden Open Days on 14th and 15th June 2.00pm-6.30pm. The name of the open days event this year is 'Bloomin Roses, Rabbits Noses'! :lol:

There will be tea and cakes (lots!), and a raffle (prizes include a fantastic repouse work box by a designer made with a rabbit on especially), and also of course chance to chat about rabbits or gardens or both!

The weathers so poor this year that all our climbing and rambling roses are only just coming out but we hope they will be in full flower for that weekend (come on sun!!!).

For those who are 'rabbity' (!) there is the chance to see the hutches and runs made for us by Forsham arks, and also chat to us about possible plants suitable for rabbit gardens (I write for Rabbiting On on gardening).

Money raised will be split between RWA and RabbitRehome.

Please help spread the word! I am not clever enough to create a web page for the event but have a low resolution PDF poster which someone has designed for me. I can send the poster pdf to anyone that contacts me by PM here (if you leave your e-mail) OR e-mail me on twigs.way@ntlworld.com.

Please help spread the word and look forward to seeing anyone that can make it!

Last edited:
BUMP!! All donations raised during Open Day are going to Bunny causes!

Even if you don't live locally try and remember if you know anyone that does leave in Cambridgeshire area who you could send an e-mail poster to!!

Awww this sounds fab, wish I could make it but my mum is coming on the 14th from Canada :( :oops: :lol:

Will PM you for a poster though, can non present people enter the raffle? :)

BUMP

Had any more thoughts on the raffle idea? Maybe it's too close to the time now? :(

If not, then there's always next year! :D

HI!

I decided that really it should be people that are present (spoilsport I know!) but the idea was to encourage people to come - .

But next year we will hold 2 raffles! One for people there and one on-line!!

Thanks for the idea

Update

HI!!

WE had slightly more people than last year (130 people!!!):D
But raised slightly less money (£230):(

I think thats because we had a lot more children so they spend less (and eat more cake!!).

The money will be split between RWA and Rabbit Rehome: with Rabbit Rehome getting £100 which I hope they will split between needy rescues. RWA tels me they will probably do the same - I think they have a shortlist of rescues they support.

Not much once you spread it round - but it all helps - and we raised lots of rabbity awareness!

Well done and I think the amount raised is a sign of the times.. people are feeling the pinch these days and so have less to spend on "luxuries" (for want of a better word) like pets :(

p.s. to nick a phrase from a certain advert... "rabbit awareness - priceless" :)

Last edited:
Back