• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

feeding and toys

flare

Young Bun
hi :)

well, in the plastic bowl, i put pellets, maybe a few table spoons full. some veggies, and theres hay for it to eat in a tray sort oft hing that is attatched to the cage.

it goes for the pellets and the veggies, but not the hay. also, what are the correct measurments of food to give to a dwarf rabbit?

also, for toys, ive put a small fake carrot in there. ive hidden it in the hay at the bottom of the tray so it can find it. Its like, orange string wrapped around something to make a carrot shape. it doesnt really play with it, as its always in the shelter (as ive described in the other thread). any help with either the toys or food will be appreciated. thanks :)

I did the same - my rabbit doesn't like hay and doesn't play with toys! He just likes nosying around the garden and eating dandylions!!

You could always put the pellets in a treat ball that will make it a bit more interesting for your bunny. I only give Honey a small handful of pellets about a tablespoon and she is a mini lop. I also hide Honey's veg so she has to go look for it. Willow balls are good toys, toilet roll with hay and pellets stuffed in it. Boxes with holes cut out to make a hide out.

so all together, in a day, how much pellet should be eaten, how much hay, and how much veggies? also, any good veggie suggestion? ive tried carrots, celery, and cabage, all of which go down well. how about fruit? can they eat apples or bannana or anything? also, any specific toys i should look for in the pet shop?

Well in a day Honey has constant hay, a tablespoon of pellets and a small amount of veg. They can eat apple, banana, strawberries but these should be fed as occasional treats. Tunnels are good and wooden chews.

i didnt want to start a new thread, so i thought i would post in here. ok so

1. i have started to hand feed "princess". she is still quite shy and regularly runs to her plastic "house". she spends most of her time in there: will she spend more time out of there as time goes by?

2. should i leave the food bowls out constantly, or remove them? a book i have says they should be given 2 small meals, but i just leave the pellets and veggies out for when she gets hungry. is this fine?

Why do you call your bun'it',have you not decided on a name yet?I put B's pellets in a treat ball so she has to work for her food.Ive also bought her a Naturals carrot roll which is basically a tiny wooden log with holes in it and inside is a hard carrot food which your bun has to try and gnaw out.She has a kebob hanging in her cage but shes not that fussed with that really.Her fave toy is the wire ball that you can hang and fill with veg but i took the hanging chain off and she just chucks it around her dog basket.She loves scrunching towels-she always drags my towel out of the bathroom when im in the shower!!:lol:Each bun has their own favourite toys.:D

Why do you call your bun'it',have you not decided on a name yet?I put B's pellets in a treat ball so she has to work for her food.Ive also bought her a Naturals carrot roll which is basically a tiny wooden log with holes in it and inside is a hard carrot food which your bun has to try and gnaw out.She has a kebob hanging in her cage but shes not that fussed with that really.Her fave toy is the wire ball that you can hang and fill with veg but i took the hanging chain off and she just chucks it around her dog basket.She loves scrunching towels-she always drags my towel out of the bathroom when im in the shower!!:lol:Each bun has their own favourite toys.:D

well my sister has decided on the name, "princess" but its not really final. i dont want to call it proncess then change what im calling it, as it wil confuse her and me.:p

Back