• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Save Ayr Park From Closure

:wave:
There is a park in our town that has been there since the war.
It is home to around 200 rescued and unwanted animals. Including around 30 bunnies. They are well cared for and I like the fact they all have lots of room and company of other rabbits. :) I have my favourites and visit them nearly every day. Also there are some old ones who I’m afraid may not find a home if the place closes :cry: (even though the girl who cares for them said this will not happen).
The council plan to close this place due to finances. :evil:(It is one of many things being closed in the town, but it got the most uproar when the closure was announced).
There are a group of volunteers trying to keep it open and they have secured charity status and hope to bring the place up to scratch :) and improve the buildings which are very old.
If you can help them as I have done please visit the new web site at
petscornerayr.co.uk
Thank-you to anyone who can help. Any tips or ideas would be most helpful too.

Slightly confused with this one having read the website:? Does the council own the land that the santuary is on for them to have been funding it all this time?

Just a thought but, now that charity status has been acquired, maybe a plea to the national lottery may help;):)

Ayr park

Hello.
I have found out that a charity group has formed. They will rent the land and take on the responsibility of the animals, doing the place up and running it. All sounds really good. There are no other rabbit rescue centres in the area so i hope they manage to get things started soon. Im keeping an eye on its progress.
I think grants and lottery take time but i suggested these to one of the voluntary persons there.

Back