• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

willow and rabbits spey

tickles

Mama Doe
well they are both going to be speyed tomoro but im nervous.So wanted to do a final chck to make sure i have everyhting right and ready for them.
Feed as nornal DO NOT STARVE
take some of their food and hay with me to leave at vets.
Check if the will use internal stiches and glue instead of staples and external stiches.
Phone at lunch time.
Now will they need to be kept inside or can they go back outside ?? thats what im stuck on.Hutch as vet bed and night shutters plus her husbun too to keep warm.Or will they need to be indoors which means i will have to get dog crates today.
Does this sound ok and right.
Also remember to check on poos and feeding after op.

Any of my small animals that get an op are kept in overnight, with a snugglepad, they find it difficult to regulate their temp after a GA, and it is easier to keep a eye on things. You could alway take her friend in with her.
Hope all goes well.

Sounds like you have it all right. I kept mine inside for 24hrs after the op, then they started to get restless so had to put them back in their hutch and run :)

I rang to check appointment times and they are now saying she needs to be kept away from husbun for 2 wks its getting really confusing now i just dont know where i am

Back