• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fennel Fold

JellyBelly

Mama Doe
Who has the Fennel Fold run that attachs to either a Lavender Lodge or Thistle Hall from P@H?

I don't know whether to get it or not....

How does it attach?
Is it easy to move for cleaning?

I have it but not attached to hutches as of yet..its okay mine have chewed the wood, but whilst moving it we had to re-screw the screws as they had come undone.

Its okay bit tricky to get them out of though, i have to climb in lol...x

I have it attached to a hutch for my indoor bunnies. I've attached mine with a hook and ring but you'd need something more fox proof if it's going outside. I got mine second hand for £10 - it's pretty study, but don't think I'd buy one new as think you can get something bigger elsewhere for the same money. It's okay to lift and move but a nightmare to crawl in to sweep out as it's quite low so if you can get something taller I'd recommend it. I've managed to bully my OH into building a walk-in avairy-type-run as I'm sick of sore knees!

Hi

I have thistle hall and was going to buy the run but in my opinion it wasnt well thought of when being produced.
Firstly you just put the run up to the hutch there i no way of securing it to the hutch (no latches e.t.c)

Secondly you have to leave one of the bottom doors off (on thistle Hall) as the top of the run finishes half way up the door if you know what i mean?

so in all i thought it was poor as the run would not be secure plus one of the doors had to be off. Cat, dog, fox anything could push the run to the side as its very light

I am either going to make one to fit the hutch myself or build a free standing one.

Sorry to drag on! x

The Thistle Hall comes with a 'baffle board' to fill the gap at the top though doesnt it?

I have a TH for my piggies and i used the board to make a banister so they dont fall over the edge upstairs.

I wanted the run to attach to a LL outside but think i may try and find something elsewhere as all teh reviews arent great.

Thanks guys x

Mine have had theirs about six months and they have chewed almost through.:shock:

Its not very secure can the board that goes along the bottom has been eaten too. I wont be replacing, i will be finding something else

the LL comes with the board to, if icould get one second hand i would buy it, but i wouldnt get it new as for for a few quid less you can get a huge zooplus 7 ft run! x

does the fennel fold still have that really large guage mesh? I read about somebun getting its head stuck in it but they might have changed that now - definitely check though.

Back