• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"if it aint food, i aint bothered"

little_blue_bug

Warren Scout
these are the words of dylan!

iv bought him tubes to run through, boxes to climb on, things like those coloured wooden blocks and gnawing stones for his teeth, willow balls, sticks to chew on, rattles and various other toys...but does he care....does he heck!

the only thing he will look twice at is food, his fave toy is a loo roll stuffed with hay but he gets bored of it after two minutes once the hay is all gone. im scared he is going to get bored and fed up and i really dont want to keep plying him with veg and treats as i know this will lead to him getting overweight and stuff.

he is constantly sniffing and exploring but what else can i do to stimulate his little bunny brain :)

Hi :wave:

Sorry I do not have an advice, as my Hugo is exactly the same. If he can't eat it he is not interested.

We also worry he might get bored but maybe rabbits can also be of the type where they are really chilled. Intelectual, pondering the meaning of the world or simply just not bothered. :lol:

Hopefully someone will have some advice. :D

Mine have so many toys too..they like their tunnel but their fave is a good old cardboard box, they dit in it dig at the walls to make new entrances and exits and shred it to bits?? maybe try that??:D

ooh and maybe try a food ball/treat ball if thats his fave thing...food, make him work for his meals, he may not know what to at first..mine didnt but being hungry and smelling his food i their will surely make him have a go and one he knows what to do meals will be a challenge and keep him entertained. I always feed my tea time pllets in a treat ball!
http://www.petsathome.com/find/keyword-is-treat+ball/product-is-6381

this is a dog one though as cant find the bunny one with carrots on i have but this is similar!:D

Oh I bought the carrots ball and Hugo did throw it around for a bit but now he is just not touching it anymore :roll:

Too much hard work :D

i put yoghut drops in mine too sometrimes and believe me they try much harder and perseve to get them out than their pellets!!!:lol::roll:

Yep Smokey and the Bandit are not bothered with toys either... They like it when new things are put in but get bored after a couple of hours...
They either start eating it or pooing on it...

Cardboard boxes with holes cut into it are a favourite though...

I'd definately get him a treat ball http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Treat-Ball-To...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247 :D Also, make him work for food - then he wont get bored ;) Save little cardboard boxes & put some veg in it surrounded by hay, poke a few little holes in the box & he'll work out for himself what to do! Also, instead of just giving him a pile of veggies, put them around the room, so that he has to find them - but more natural, kinda like foraging :D X

Rabbits are ungrateful little *******! LOL! :lol: I have long since given up on spending money on them for toys. They love to destroy things (my freezer, three telephones, sides of my 3 piece sweet, the chenille throw for the 3 piece, two lamps, three yellow pages, one tesco direct catalogue ALL my books in the bootom shelf of bookcase and my fave jeans) So all I do nowadays is leave lots of loo tubes, cardboard boxes - they love destroying these and their favourite which is a pet blanket or towel. The rabbits must see blankets as great clods of earth they need to take out of the "warren" as they will happy roll it across the room, then push it with their front paws back again, then they happily bite it!

They also love tossing around empty cereal boxes, and very perversely seem very fond of my empty tampax box (the outer box of course!).........:roll:

Honestly try them with a pet blanket or towel and they will immediatley start "scrummaging"!!!!

Back