• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Diarrhoea

JadedRed

Young Bun
My bunny arthur has just had some kind of attack of diarrhoea (and urinating) all over my bed. There is some normal poos as well but some of them are smaller. He's been muching on things all day and i just fed him some pellets and he jumped on them with his usual viguor. Likewise he is acting completely normally and doesn't seem to be at all bothered.

Should i be worried?

Keep an eye on the little so and so but it sounds like he has just had too many different foods at once! Like a kiddy at aparty! :lol: I have known bunnies to mark all over a bed before, I think it means they love you! Watch his behaviour though, if he goes quiet or grinds his teeth (loudly) he may need to see the vet.:wave:

weeing and pooping on the bed is him making territory, he's trying to cover your smell with his, i'd suggest putting down towels because you're actually driven mad constantly washing the duvet (been there, done that!).

i can't be of any help with the diarrhoea i'm afraid. has his diet changed? new veg?

Keep an eye on the little so and so but it sounds like he has just had too many different foods at once! Like a kiddy at aparty! :lol: I have known bunnies to mark all over a bed before, I think it means they love you! Watch his behaviour though, if he goes quiet or grinds his teeth (loudly) he may need to see the vet.:wave:

Hmm, he's only started doing it recently (marking the bed) i'm hoping he will stop soon like he did with the sofa. He's been quite naughty lately, chewing and going through bins and such, i think he might be feeling neglected.

UPDATE - He's just farted quite loudly (are rabbits supposed to ****?) and pooped again on the rug this time (never something easy to clean is it?) and started eating that too. He then started trying to dig in to the rug. Normal?

EDIT - i dont believe it just censored the word f-art. lol.

Hmm, he's only started doing it recently (marking the bed) i'm hoping he will stop soon like he did with the sofa. He's been quite naughty lately, chewing and going through bins and such, i think he might be feeling neglected.

UPDATE - He's just farted quite loudly (are rabbits supposed to ****?) and pooped again on the rug this time (never something easy to clean is it?) and started eating that too. He then started trying to dig in to the rug. Normal?

EDIT - i dont believe it just censored the word f-art. lol.

lol, he trumped! yes, bunnies trump! some more than others and some louder than others! i'm yet to experience bunny trumps!

How old is your bunny? sometimes males became naughty when they hit their 'teens' and can turn into terrors.

your bunny will love to dig, it's what buns do, lol! you could make him a dig box and when he digs at something he shouldn't, pop him in the box and hopefully he'll get the idea that digging should only happen in the box.

Farting = good :lol: no farting = bad:roll: Thing are moving ok again. He sound like a little divil! Hmm you could get your own back on his bed but he may not appreciate it! :lol::lol: If he seems happy and is drinking/eating he is fine. An unusually quite bunny is the warning sign.

lol, he trumped! yes, bunnies trump! some more than others and some louder than others! i'm yet to experience bunny trumps!

How old is your bunny? sometimes males became naughty when they hit their 'teens' and can turn into terrors.

your bunny will love to dig, it's what buns do, lol! you could make him a dig box and when he digs at something he shouldn't, pop him in the box and hopefully he'll get the idea that digging should only happen in the box.

Lol, he's never done it before, its always strange when they do something for the first time. My sister was like 'OMG the bunny yawned!' the other day.

He's about three i think and he isn't neutered.

He does dig in his litter tray and cage usually but i guess he must just be confusing the mat with his litter tray.

Farting = good :lol: no farting = bad:roll: Thing are moving ok again. He sound like a little divil! Hmm you could get your own back on his bed but he may not appreciate it! :lol::lol: If he seems happy and is drinking/eating he is fine. An unusually quite bunny is the warning sign.

Lol, my friend (jokingly) suggested holding him down and peeing on him the other day to assert my dominance and stop him marking.

Does anyone know any ways to clean a bunny? He usually does a good enough job himself but sometimes he paws can get pee-ey (or in this case poopy) and i wonder if there is a way to give him a gentle clean.

Lol, he's never done it before, its always strange when they do something for the first time. My sister was like 'OMG the bunny yawned!' the other day.

He's about three i think and he isn't neutered.

He does dig in his litter tray and cage usually but i guess he must just be confusing the mat with his litter tray.

i don't think there's anything funnier than a yawning bunny! have you had him since he was small or is he recently acquired? maybe he's having a bit of late "spring fever"? there's been alot of buns on here who've turned naughty recently (mine forgot where the toilet was :roll: and was sneakily going elsewhere!) and have calmed down. maybe he's a little bored too. why can't buns talk??!!! :lol:

I think my boy is a bit big for the sink so it will have to be the bath, should i but something down to make it less slippy?

Some people use baby wipes for pooey mess, I pop my bun in the bath with enough water to cover his feet, luckily he's not a struggler and lets me get on with the job in hand. Maybe putting a towel in the bath? Can you have someone to help? they can hold bunny while you sort the mess?

i like seeing my bunnies yawn too, its so cute!!! i actually get a fright at first hahahaha they look like theyre dracula for a second then i realise its a yawn...ah im so easily pleased

Back