• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free REW Eight

Keyzzee

Warren Scout
Hi
Im fairly new to this forum and have noticed that a number of members have a slogan 'free the REW eight', can someone please tell me the history behind this.
Thanks

It would be good if there was a summary somewhere.

Basically SOAD took in some rabbits that were dumped on her doorstep. They were Red Eyed White (REW) bunnies. (These are the sort most often used in lab experiments etc).

Apparently someone from the police has nothing better to do than to sit around all day looking a photos of bunnies on the internet because they noticed some of her photos on here.

She was then raided by the police who took away her computer stuff and the REW rabbits (including some of her own I believe that weren't dumped on her).

The police suspect the dumped ones may have been freed by animal rights protesters and so they are running DNA tests on the rabbits.

The rabbits are apparently being well cared for and so I believe they are still being held whilst waiting for the outcome of the tests.

It would be good if there was a summary somewhere.

Basically SOAD took in some rabbits that were dumped on her doorstep. They were Red Eyed White (REW) bunnies. (These are the sort most often used in lab experiments etc).

Apparently someone from the police has nothing better to do than to sit around all day looking a photos of bunnies on the internet because they noticed some of her photos on here.

She was then raided by the police who took away her computer stuff and the REW rabbits (including some of her own I believe that weren't dumped on her).

The police suspect the dumped ones may have been freed by animal rights protesters and so they are running DNA tests on the rabbits.

The rabbits are apparently being well cared for and so I believe they are still being held whilst waiting for the outcome of the tests.

This is the general jist and whist I have very little time for the people that took our rabbits and then didn't bother to return phonecalls :evil: I have to say it's not quite the story. The men who came to our houses were CID not your off the street bobby and their usual focus is serious criminal activity. The reason they came to our houses was because of other offenses based around the "freeing" of the REW rabbits. If you're looking for animal right activists and rabbits then it makes sense to look on the internet and RR comes up as one of the top links.

The CID did go through our stuff and take the rabbits to carry out dna tests to see if they are from the farm. But they are using these results to trace back who had the rabbits initially and find the people who caused the initial offense. It's not really abut the rabbits but unfortunaely, due to actions of the people who "freed" them, they have been dragged into it. :(

Personally I am just hoping that Pip and Zig - Zag and the other buns taken will be returned soon, and whilst I don't believe in animals being bred for testing or being kept in the conditions they were if bred for meat - nor do I believe in releasing a large white rabbit into the wild to fend for its-self, loading the responsibility of them onto already laden rescues, or damaging someones private property.

Im new to this issue too, so animal activist freed some rabbits and left them to you? but why on earth did CID take your own buns?
I dont agree with rabbits being tortured and tested on but they shouldn't involve an unknowing participant and make them guilty by association.

Back