• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Conscious Dentals in Lincoln???

I think you'd be best looking in the yellow pages and ringing them all - you can always ask the receptionist to get the vet to ring you back when they've finished surgery - I've done that a couple of times (yay - it's free! :))

It's OK for a tidy up but if you need major work, like a reduction in crown height then that requires a burr and I wouldn't recommend it being done conscious.

Anita was going to show me how to do this at home with cheek seperators but I have to admit I dont feel confident enough.

It's OK for a tidy up but if you need major work, like a reduction in crown height then that requires a burr and I wouldn't recommend it being done conscious.

Anita was going to show me how to do this at home with cheek seperators but I have to admit I dont feel confident enough.

which vet is Anita from? I think my last couple of pigs that died had tooth problems :(

Conscious Dentals

3 years ago I apopted a Dutch who needed back teeth burring, I took her to her previous owners vet (they asked me to as they were paying) who did a dental under anaesthetic, she reacted badly and not only that they missed the worst offender, a tooth growing on its side badly digging in her gum despite me taking her back 4 times because she failed to eat, by this time I had been hand feeding her for 2 weeks as they kept fobbing me off..and every time I went I saw a different vet. Anyway, I asked a friend who's a vet to take a look at her. He checked her out while conscious, found the offending tooth and sorted it out no problem in minutes. She goes back every 6 weeks or so as it keeps growing back, it would be awful if she had to have an aneasethic every 6 weeks. I have a lot of buns (overflow from the Rescue) now whenever any of them have teeth problems they go to him and have them sorted conscious. No worries with the anaesthetic and they start eating almost straight away. I even had my giant's teeth done like that, he was no problem. It might not be a good idea with a bunny that gets highly stressed but then an anaesthetic given to a stressed bunny isn't good either. At least its another choice. You will probably need to phone around to find a vet who can do it, not all of them can or will.

. It might not be a good idea with a bunny that gets highly stressed but then an anaesthetic given to a stressed bunny isn't good either. At least its another choice. You will probably need to phone around to find a vet who can do it, not all of them can or will.

Sadly Charlotte's rabbit Caramel passed away very suddenly this afternoon so she will no longer be needing such a service :cry::cry::cry:

Back