• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What order should I do things. u/d- now with pictures

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Well, still nobody claiming Xena, our stray/dumped bunny, and I don't think anybody will. This leaves me with a bit of a quandry, in what order should I do things. She needs to be spayed (very aggressive ), vaccinated, wormed and is in quarantine at the moment because she was dumped beside wild rabbits, this also means she could be pregnant!
I have Milly booked in to be spayed on friday but could take Xena in instead and she could recover while in isolation anyway. But what if she has myxi, would the op compromise her immune system, or will she die anyway if she has it. Should I worm her first or is it OK do do this after the op, should she be fully recovered first. I want to do the best for her but just can't decide what is best to do first. Can't really do too much before Thursday, as that is when the 7 days are up for claiming her. I hope she isn't claimed because she's not a happy bunny at the moment and I can see her going back to sitting in a cage, frustrated.

Last edited:
Maybe you could speak to the vet? Are you able to phone and speak to them directly? She doesn't sound too happy - fingers crossed that it works out for her :)

I work at the vet, but we're so busy there its hard to get a moment to chat with them. They might advise waiting to see if she has myxi first, so i don't waste money, but I like to be optimistic and would rather not wait incase she is pregnant.:)

I work at the vet, but we're so busy there its hard to get a moment to chat with them. They might advise waiting to see if she has myxi first, so i don't waste money, but I like to be optimistic and would rather not wait incase she is pregnant.:)

oooops sorry - didn't realise that! If she is pregnant would they know, even if she's very early along, and then would they spay her/abort pregnancy - I don't know much about it????? :?
Sounds like you'd be better off waiting?

If your concerned she may be pregnant I would get the spey out of the way first, but that's just my personal preference, I know many people are not comfortable with prospective spey-aborts.

I have neutered bunnies whilst on a worming course a few times and seen no ill effects but I believe there should be a sensible gap between vax and neutering too prevent straining the immune system.

Thanks, I'm guessing if she is pregnant she will be very early on, I would rather spay than have a load of half wild babies to rehome, sounds harsh, I know.
I think I will take her in on Friday to be spayed and she can recover while still in quarantine, and then get her vaccinated. I will start worming tomorrow,if I can, she not very handlable, and is not liking the fact her attacks are being ignored and the hand stays in the cage until she settles down.
The vets are going to love me, when Sorrell was in to be spayed, I said she was very nervous, so they sedated her on the floor incase she jumped. When Misty, my cat, was in for a dental, she ripped their hands off when they tried to put in a drip, and now I'm giving them physco bunny.
I think I should get money off for giving them so much experience.:lol:

Thanks, I'm guessing if she is pregnant she will be very early on, I would rather spay than have a load of half wild babies to rehome, sounds harsh, I know.
I think I will take her in on Friday to be spayed and she can recover while still in quarantine, and then get her vaccinated. I will start worming tomorrow,if I can, she not very handlable, and is not liking the fact her attacks are being ignored and the hand stays in the cage until she settles down.
The vets are going to love me, when Sorrell was in to be spayed, I said she was very nervous, so they sedated her on the floor incase she jumped. When Misty, my cat, was in for a dental, she ripped their hands off when they tried to put in a drip, and now I'm giving them physco bunny.
I think I should get money off for giving them so much experience.:lol:

Oh dear 'bout the vets - lol
I would tend to agree about the spaying thing - good luck

Thanks for the advice, will let you know how we get on and post some piccies soon, she's very pretty.:wave:

finally, some photos of xena, she's been speyed and vaccinated and is now out of quarantine.
DSC00083.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

Back