• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what sexes has everyone got that has large groups

gill shirlaw

Warren Scout
I was just wondering, i have posted a question on here regarding my friend and a couple of does shes getting and it made me ask a question too.

anyone that has large groups say five or six what is the mix of sexes and do you find any particular sexes are better in numbers or not.

I have two mixed pairs and one lone buck and want to bond all five of them but was thinking of getting another one for my lone buck as a friend if the bonding doesnt work but wondered if there was a preferred mix that others had found worked more than certain ones ie should i get a doe and have three bucks three does or a buck and have four bucks two does. I know its mostly down to personality of the buns but just wondered if certain mixes tend to get on bettere than others.

thanks
gill:wave:

I personally think girls are better together than a few bucks I.E 3 does one buck rather than 3 bucks and one doe. But that is me.

thanks starlightsanimal sanctuary i appreciate your reply and will head it.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this.
gill:D

Our group is 'only' a foursome ... 2 bucks (Ant and Beemer) and 2 does (Hoops and Trix). Works fine cos Ant is top bun and all the others bow down to his power!! :lol: x

anyone else got big groups and can tell me what sexes they have and what works best for them in numbers.

thanks sorry for asking same questions which have been posted before

gill:oops:

thanks woodhouse that is good to know just not sure the lone buck will bond with my two already mixed pairs and am wondering whether to get another bun for him incase bonding goes wrong and he ends up himself and wondered what best sex to get incase manage to bond all of them.

thanks again everyone that has replies appreciate it.

We have a group of 5, 3 bucks and 2 does. Originally they were 1 single buck and 2 same sex pairs. They bonded just fine after a weekend in our kitchen!

We are also soon going to attempt another group of 5 which is currently 1 single doe, a pair of does and a buck and doe pair. I must admit I'm more nervous about this one as 2 or maybe 3 of the does is quite fiesty, whereas in our previous group a couple of the bucks were quite cinfident but after an initial couple of scuffles they settled really well.

Hmmmm, its a very nerve wracking business, bonding!!!

thanks fairy123 thats very helpfull as my group will also be three bucks and two does and i must admit i am a bit nervous but it would be great if it all worked out.

If i was to get a sixth one what sex would be best or again is it down to personality of buns or would a third doe be best so have three does and three bucks or another buck

thanks again for your advice

I have a bonded 4 :) 3 boys and 1 girl, the boys are great friends & had no problems when bonding them at all. The girl in the group is the 'big boss' and she's the one that caused the bit of trouble when bonding.

I have more boys than girls at the mo. Adding a boy to the group is usually easier for my lot than a girl. they (girls)seem to cause trouble.:rolleyes:

I have three boys and two girls, previously i had eight boys and two girls. I only keep ones that can't be rehomed so i don't get to choose the sex of what comes in. I think it depends on the bunnies temprement

Back