• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding question, re groups

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
i now have 2 zooplus runs, so i put them side by side in a new section of the garden, put no toys in the runs to avoid terratorial behaviour, and put peanut butter and jelly in one run, and pebbles and domino in the other.

Domino and peanut fought through the wire after about 15-20 minutes, domino got a tiny little graze on his nose, but after this there was no fighting at all, and they sat either side of the run with no trouble for around 8 hours.

is this a sign it wouldnt work? or is it good that they stopped? i know its different as they are in runs and not together...

Sometimes they fight because they cant get to each other, I dont think that how they get on with wire in between gives any indication to whether or not they'd get on without it there in most cases X

Sometimes they fight because they cant get to each other, I dont think that how they get on with wire in between gives any indication to whether or not they'd get on without it there in most cases X

I have to agree as they still have their own territory whilst the wire is in place. This is another reason I prefer the 'all in' approach to bonding.

thats what i thought. its confusing lol

I say just stick em all in together & see what happens! Thats what Ive done in the past & that gives you a good enough idea of whether or not its gonna be love. Might need an extra pair of hands (armed with water sprayer!) for four buns though! X

*Sits back & once again thinks aaahh that she let someone else bond her rabbits* :lol:

I think this method is ok if you have no idea how buns are gonna react as a pair in the presence of other buns - if it will cause fighting in an already bonded pair/group, but I think you have to stick 'em all together to see what happens:D

im doing that the end of june, louise and gus is coming to assist with water spray :lol: :lol: :lol:

can i ask...has anyone done group bonding of 2 males 2 females?

and am i nuts lol!!

im doing that the end of june, louise and gus is coming to assist with water spray :lol: :lol: :lol:

can i ask...has anyone done group bonding of 2 males 2 females?

and am i nuts lol!!

Yes - I'd say that's one of the nicer bondings.:lol:

im just a bit concerned that i have 2 boys :?
they see each other all the time as there hutches are nearby and their runs are usually close.

HOw about one male and 3 females... :shock: And how easy it is to put in another female into the mix once the 4 have been bonded?

Only for my curiosity sake i might add...

well i cnt do that as i have 2 bonded pairs consiting of 1 male and 1 female in each pair!

It might well be ok. Some of my boys get on great - Flint is Boss man & is usually surrounded by the girls & Alfie:?:lol: Joey gets on with everyone, & Smirnoff is a grumpy bun, but just takes it out on Joey - who knows to hide behind Flint. Then Smirnoff gets told off & Flint lays back down again, & Joey eats something. I love bun-hierarchy:lol:

Back