• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inside bunny info

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
this might sound silly but how do you stop your indoor bunny going outside when you dont want him to?Hubby thinks that kids are bound to leave doors open especially in summer
I have a traditional 1930s house with separate lounge and dining room and galley kitchen leading to a utility room with cat flap in the door.We also have a garage.I am trying to plan where I could keep a house bunny?I think in a large run in the garden if nice and running free in the utility or kitchen if wet,with a 48 inch dog crate for night time.Does this sound ok?We have a labrador,but would never leave them alone together.How can i stop the kids from letting bunny into areas which i dont want him to be????:?

None of my house rabbits have ever tried to get out the front door. Even if I leave the door open they just sit in the doorway and look out. I have no idea why, perhaps they are sensible bunnies :D :lol:

Scamp has a baby gate shutting him in the kitchen we have to be very careful - no opening doors when he's out!

We have a baby gate across the kitchen and I shut the doors to rooms which have other rabbits in. Juggling two pairs of house buns and two singles is proving quite hard work at the moment!

We block the doorway with a section of those metal runs that you can make into hexagons. Fits perfectly and they can't squeeze through the gaps.

baby gates and pens galore :lol: even tho Dilly can get through the bars of a babygate :shock: so I peg a blanket over it

barricades, baby gates, baby gates....and yes...baby gates

....we even have a lock on the OUTSIDE of the box room door to stop buns getting in:roll:....

Back