• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

burgess roughage hay

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
got a new bag, i know quality can change on time of year of hay but its no where near as nice as what weve always got, its no longer fine and has lost the sweet smell that i like:oops: and the bunnies dont seem to want to eat it either? rosie turned her nose up at it and mo took one piece then ran away and hasnt been back since
anyone else noticed the changes?

lisa

I've noticed its not as green and fresh as before. Perhaps they are using old hay? I've stopped giving it now and moved onto meadow hay and oxbow hay

the last bag i got was different and not so nice, quite yellow. i think it depends on the harvest. i get oxbow timothy hay from the www.thehayexperts.co.uk and my buns go mad for it!! it is quite expensive but the buns don't tend to waste it. they also like the redigrass dried grass.

I only give mine the friendly pure dried grass now and again as a treat in place of the burgess stuff, it's always the same, although since I switched to dust free hay Poppy and Charlie haven't been as bothered by it and I haven't ordered any more.

Back