• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny grunts?!

Emm-Jane76

Mama Doe
I gave my buns their brekkie this morning and they always sit there stuffing themselves as if they've never been fed giving little grunting noises? Does this mean they are content? :?

Also, when ever I stick my finger through the cage for the bunnies to have a sniff at, Frank always has a little nibble. Not biting just nibbling at my finger and nail and then gives a little lick. None of the other buns do it? :?

They sound very much like my Hugo. He is snatching treats away from me and grounts (we think he means "just give it here woman!").

But then he also grounts when he eats hay (he always has it available) and he has a very content face and posture. (Eyes half closed, paws on the bowl and relaxed body).

My Wesley charges and growls at the hay when I drop it into his cage when he's inside too. I think he's just reminding me that while he's turned into my living teddybear he used to be a terror!

Back