• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

neuting

Clairabow

Warren Scout
I have two doe's only 8 weeks old, they are sisters from same litter. They are best of friends and i am wondering if i will need to have them neuted? I was also wondering how old they can be before they can have their vac's. As you can see im new to this whole bunny thing. Claire

They can have their vacs now, just make sure they have their VHD at least 2 weeks after the myxi.
I would recommend neutering but they can't be done just yet. I think its from about 4 months that they can be done :)

Yes get them neutred when you can. My two sisters have been fighting and it's not fun :( They were neutred last week and hoping they will calm down soon.

Thanx i will get their vacs done now. I have just witnessed one of them humping the other is this right???? im worried she might be a boy although the breeder checked her and assured me they were both girls and i do trust her. :roll:

well, when u get themk neutured ask the vet to check their sexes, they can have their vacs now.

spaying is either 1kg in weight i think,. or around 6 months in age. some vets do do it earlier, but the majority is 6months

Most decent Vets will check the sex of all rabbits that come in. So when you take them in for the Vaccs get him to check them. It's quite indignant for your rabbits :oops: but it has to be done :D

is it usual for a girl to get frisky with another?? and at 8 weeks?? im ringing vets 1st thing to get it checked out worried!!!

Yes its normal. Although i only have 1 girl rabbit, she took a like to my arms and anything with an edge from around 10 weeks of age :oops:
Its to do with hormones and/or dominance over the other bunny e.g there is usually one rabbit that is a boss in the relationship and thats their way of sorting that out.
The behaviour will die down once neutered

thank god thanx bex you have put my mind at ease. i wouldn't care it is the shy quiet one that was doing this - it is obviously true what they say about the shy quiet type :lol: the little minx. wish i could get pics of them on here.

Back