• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really bad news about the Dutch bunnies

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
March Hare, Jill, has asked me to post this as she is too upset to post at the moment.

Unfortunately this morning Jill found one of the baby dutch bunnies dead in it's sleeping compartment. Mum and the other baby were still sat with him. He hadn't shown any obvious sign of illness :cry::cry::cry:

As you can imagine Jill is absolutely devastated and having spent 8 days with this gorgeous bunny both Steve and I are heatbroken too. These lovely bunnies went through so much to get to their loving forever home, yet this beautiful baby never got the chance to settle in and start enjoying life with his family. Life can be so unfair.

I don't know if Jill had though of a name for him yet, but to me he was Branston, little baby branny. For those that helped transport these bunnies he was the one with the lightest face.

Sleep tight little Branston :(:(

HPIM1021-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Oh no!!, I can't believe it, poor Jill, these bunnies spent a couple of days with me and they were wonderful

I am so sorry Jill xx

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, so sad. :( Binky free sweet little one and Jill, if you read this please please know we are thinking of you.

Oh no :shock: :cry:

I am so so sorry :cry:

I would strongly advise anyone with Buns who may have had use of the same terrain/environment as the Dutches to discuss with their Vet any possible preventative steps that should now be taken ie treating all 'at risk' Buns with Coxoid and Panacur. I'd also advise a thorough 'Jeyes fluid clean' of any area the Dutches had access to.

What a dreadful shame :cry::cry:

Janex

oh no, how awful :cry: Thinking of you Jill x
and of course everyone who helped rescue these buns, what a shame he didn't get a chance to settle in to his new forever home :cry:

Back