• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New hutch extension!

Gingypig

Alpha Buck
Me and the OH spent all weekend adapting the 6ft x 2ft hutch so it now has 2 levels, so now the buns have twice the room 24/7.

DSC02703.jpg

DSC02704-1.jpg

I'm so chuffed with it and the buns seem to love it too.

My only concern is they might sit on the concrete all night instead of going upstairs 'to bed'. they have hay on the bottom floor and a covered litter try with shavings and hay in.

DSC02705.jpg

DSC02707-1.jpg

They seem to like the concrete floor already!!!

:D

Wow this looks fantastic!! Know what you mean tho my buns spend all night in the bottom of their hutches & not in the bedroom!! Oh well at least they have a choice.

Mum to 10 gorgeous bunnies & 4 wonderful cats!

That looks great!
Mine all like to sit on the concrete too - anywhere but the cosy bit actually!

lol he is a bit deer like!!!

They love it some much that when i opened the new doors on the bottom level they all sat there not coming out!!! it took them a good 10 mins to come out :lol:

What hutch is it?????
looks great good idea!

it's the 6ft x 2ft Happy hutch, you get the legs and boxing in the bottom and making a ramp was easy, i had to put some carpet on the ramp as the little'uns found it a bit slippery even with the expensive hardwood stops!!! x

Back