• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have put Bella back in her cage now...

...she keeps looking for her cage to go back in but she's only been out about 5 minutes now :roll: How long should I keep her out for??

I was about to put her on my knees with the towel but when I went to pick her up, she ran away from me like she always does :roll: Should I do anything differently or what??

What should I do with her that she will always want to come out and be with me and do??

Quick replies please,
Diana & Bella xx

Last edited:
Oh don't be so impatient ;) :lol:

If she isn't used to being out she will feel a bit uneasy and look for somewhere safe and familar, ie her cage. Can you leave the cage open for a while so she can come out an explore when she wants to?

Bailey was like this, he had always seen his cage as his and was scared of leaving it, we leave the door open and he can hope about as he wants x

Oh don't be so impatient ;) :lol:

If she isn't used to being out she will feel a bit uneasy and look for somewhere safe and familar, ie her cage. Can you leave the cage open for a while so she can come out an explore when she wants to?

Sorry :oops: It's just, when Bella's on the table, you CANNOT leave her unsupervised a long period of time as once before, she jumped into the washing basket that had newly-washed washing in it!

I know that, Bella looks for her cage all the time :roll: I cannot leave the cage open as if I did, she would hurt herself I think or we wouldn't catch her afterwards :roll:

I've put her back in now :wave:

I checked her nails (which are fine) and her front teeth (which are fine, too), I'm not sure how to check the rest, the vets said it's best to turn Bella upside down but I cannot do that :oops:

I would think she'd be scared on a table, bunnies need to be able to explore their surroundings at their own pace, which is why it's better to allow them to come and go as they please. How long does she stay in her cage for? Can you pen off an area with her cage in?

Awww bless you!

When you get her out does she run around the floor or do you just put her on the table? If she's on the floor you can leave her longer :)

I would think she'd be scared on a table, bunnies need to be able to explore their surroundings at their own pace, which is why it's better to allow them to come and go as they please. How long does she stay in her cage for? Can you pen off an area with her cage in?

I know but I always put her on the table as we haven't got a play pen for her as of yet due to financial problems. She stays in her cage about till 4:00oclock, that's when I get home from school on school days, and on weekends, that's when it's time for her biscuits :) I can't pen off an area with her cage in other than at the bottom of the stairs. Even if I did that, I'd be scared if she'd fall down the stairs if she managed to get to the top. Once, she fell down 1 stepped and I started crying :oops:

I used to let her have the run of the living room until I found out I couldn't catch her :shock:

So you basically use the table like a pen because she can't get down?

It's not ideal Diana, is there anything in your house you can use to make a pen for her? Even if it's make-shift, it doesn't matter what it looks like so long as it does the job :)

So you basically use the table like a pen because she can't get down?

It's not ideal Diana, is there anything in your house you can use to make a pen for her? Even if it's make-shift, it doesn't matter what it looks like so long as it does the job :)

Well, yeah basically :oops: I'm not sure although I don't think so.

I no it's not ideal but at least she's not stuck in her cage all day?

I have put her to bed now and I'm going to bed now too as we have school in the morning :oops: :roll:

Night xx

How big is her cage? Buster loves a good run around and he is a house bun but if he is shut in his cage til 4 (very rare) he doesn't want picking up. I would worry about him falling off the table sweetie. What about the kitchen?

How big is her cage? Buster loves a good run around and he is a house bun but if he is shut in his cage til 4 (very rare) he doesn't want picking up. I would worry about him falling off the table sweetie. What about the kitchen?

Yes if you could just close off the door to the kitchen it would be like a run :)

She needs to be able to have a good run around to keep her healthy and to have fun :) You probably couldn't catch her in the living room because she was having fun! :lol:

I find that a pellet or two help to get buns back to their cages ;)

i think you should let her out in the room with cage open on the floor and herd her back in when she needs to go in my rabbits would freak if i put them on table...dora in particularly is very scared of heights and really gets upset. i used to use boards to make a pen to let them out in b n q do off cuts for about 50p!!! which is what i used before i had bunny proofed.

maybe you could possibly also let her run on the sofa as it isnt as high? or didnt you originally have an out door run for her or am i gettting confused? i think she would be happier on the floor and if you sit down she will come to you given time.

Buster has a play pen that only cost 30 quid but it goes anywhere. If the weather is nice it goes on the patio or I set it up attatched to his in door house if I can't let him out. Buster will run on the sofa and beds but he goes up there himself and I can always catch him if he has had enough exercise. If he has only had a short time he stamps his foot and runs away :lol: 9/10 times he comes straight to me though when I call him. I would think you will find her easier to handle if she is tired hun

hi diana

do you know anywhere you could get two large walkers crisp boxes that are in tact? if so down one side of each box cut down so you have a long fold out panel....place this into which ever shape you would like...just a thought..or use them to corner off part of the room or even like a gate to stop her getting to stairs...and its cheap too :D

Hello and thank you for your replies.

No, I haven't originally had a run for Bella unfoutunatly due to financial problems but they are being sorted atm. At the supermarket, they don't keep the boxes for people :? I could cut off mum's bedroom as in all the rest, she would get to places she's not allowed. Unfoutunatly, mum won't let me again I think as last time Bella was in there, she weed :oops:

Please don't think bad of me :roll:

our supermarkets and shops crush the boxes too.nobody thinks bad of you hunny.but only allowing bella on the dining table is probably scaring her.its a long way down for her.x

Back