• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel mean!

ness

Young Bun
Hi
Having recently lost Rupert my elderly nethie boy, I have found a lovely boy for Mavis (my nethie girl). I got him through a lady who rehomes unwanted buns, he's a Dutch and a total star but is entire at the moment.
My plan was to let them use the garden on a timeshare basis, but I can't bear him being in his hutch so I've manage to fence off an area for him.
My problem is now he can see Mavis a lot more and is obviously delighted at the thought of getting snuggly with her. His ops this tuesday and so has a few weeks before this can happen. I am worried that the fact he can see her is frustrating him to the point of causing him to be unhappy.
On the plus side they look like they'd get on :D
Any help gratefully received
Ness x

Hi
Having recently lost Rupert my elderly nethie boy, I have found a lovely boy for Mavis (my nethie girl). I got him through a lady who rehomes unwanted buns, he's a Dutch and a total star but is entire at the moment.
My plan was to let them use the garden on a timeshare basis, but I can't bear him being in his hutch so I've manage to fence off an area for him.
My problem is now he can see Mavis a lot more and is obviously delighted at the thought of getting snuggly with her. His ops this tuesday and so has a few weeks before this can happen. I am worried that the fact he can see her is frustrating him to the point of causing him to be unhappy.
On the plus side they look like they'd get on :D
Any help gratefully received
Ness x

Hi, I'm presuming your girly is neutered? When your boy is done, it shouldn't be that long till you can bond them. You don't have to leave it for a few weeks before putting them together :)

I don;t know - it seems mean but is he showing any actual signs of frustration? Lots of people house rabbits side by side for a few weeks prior to bonding anyway to let them get used to each other's presence. Granted they are both usually neutered by this point.

I'd be interested to hear what other people think :)

Back