• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hum what to do...HE'S HERE! *PICS* - Sticky Poo's?

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
This is tricky to explain...

I work with a lady who has a rabbit for her little boy. She offered me the rabbit a while ago but as i still lived at home couldnt take him on. So the rabbit went to a new home, soon to be returned due to a disapproving OH. So now the lady has asked me again if i would like the bunny. She thinks its a girl, around 3yrs old, un-neutered, un-vacs and breed unknown. Shes black and white lol and small...

She jokingly said "if not we will have to let her lose on Bi-pass" she was joking but still i was shocked, also seems to be offering her to anyone...:shock::shock:

So i spoke to OH who said yes eventually if she would contribute to spaying if she is a girl......or neutering if a boy.
So i mentioned this to her....

I got all "bunny" on her too about spaying how important it is and so on, diet, excercise, vacs and so on, she didnt have a clue.

So am due to take this bunny in on Tuesday, everything included, although the hutch am guessing is small "its not brill but shes a small bunny"

The lady means well, just lack of knowledge sadly...

So any ideas, separate from mine? How long...

Long term plan is health check.....spay..(if girl), vacs and then bond with rest once there all done, so this will mean bonding 4 not 3 lol. Oh i have my work cut out!!

xx

Last edited:
:wave: HI AGAIN, SORRY CANT OFFER ANY ADVICE AS HAVE NO BONDED PAIRS:cry:, WISHED MY OTHER HALF WAS AS GOOD AS YOURS LETTING YOU HAVE ANOTHER, ID REALLY LOVE ANOTHER TWO BUNS.HOPE YOU GET SORTED AND SO GLAD THAT YOUR HAVING THIS LITTLE BUN..PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ...AND PICS.X

definitely keep it well away from your own rabbits for a month's quarantine - poor little thing I'm glad you're taking her in - do you think you'll try and find her another home or is she going to be a keeper? :)

:wave: HI AGAIN, SORRY CANT OFFER ANY ADVICE AS HAVE NO BONDED PAIRS:cry:, WISHED MY OTHER HALF WAS AS GOOD AS YOURS LETTING YOU HAVE ANOTHER, ID REALLY LOVE ANOTHER TWO BUNS.HOPE YOU GET SORTED AND SO GLAD THAT YOUR HAVING THIS LITTLE BUN..PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ...AND PICS.X

Hehe!
He is good he secretly loves the bunnies i know it deep down.
Dont really want to take on another bunny as i have all the spaying and neutering costs of my exisiting bunnies to pay for but i cant just let her go to anyone, which is really what is happening...
x

definitely keep it well away from your own rabbits for a month's quarantine - poor little thing I'm glad you're taking her in - do you think you'll try and find her another home or is she going to be a keeper? :)

I dont know...depends i will spay her and vacs her then try her with my others, if that doesnt work she will have to be rehomed. :)

A month okay....what should i do, someone suggested worming her?
Okay so mine are all in the garden, should i put her inside?
x

I dont know...depends i will spay her and vacs her then try her with my others, if that doesnt work she will have to be rehomed. :)

A month okay....what should i do, someone suggested worming her?
Okay so mine are all in the garden, should i put her inside?
x

:D HI AGAIN, ON THE WORMING ISSUE IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA, PANCAR IS USUALLY GIVEN.AND AS FOR PUTTING HER INSIDE DOES THAT MEAN YOU,LL HAVE TO BUY A INDOOR CAGE AS WELL, OR HAVE YOU ENOUGH ROOM TO ACCOMODATE THE HUTCH??

:D HI AGAIN, ON THE WORMING ISSUE IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA, PANCAR IS USUALLY GIVEN.AND AS FOR PUTTING HER INSIDE DOES THAT MEAN YOU,LL HAVE TO BUY A INDOOR CAGE AS WELL, OR HAVE YOU ENOUGH ROOM TO ACCOMODATE THE HUTCH??

The hutch is tiny from what i know so doubt it wud take much room. I do however have a dog crate if it is that small..i have a feeling its similar to those small ones from pah :shock:

Im going to go tomorrow and get the panacur..x

The hutch is tiny from what i know so doubt it wud take much room. I do however have a dog crate if it is that small..i have a feeling its similar to those small ones from pah :shock:

Im going to go tomorrow and get the panacur..x

:D GREAT GLAD YOU GOT A DOG CRATE FOR BUN, THINK THE PANCAR WAS A FIVER , LUCKILY POPPY ATE IT OFF THE TUBE OR WRAPPED IN SOME SPRING GREENS.ANYWAY THE BEST OF LUCK AND WILL LOOK FOR ANY NEWS ON TUESDAY.X

Well done on taking this poor bun in, goodness know where it would have ended up otherwise :cry:

I have no advice re the bond I'm afraid but just wanted to say that I disagree about this woman; if she meant well and did actually care for the bun she would go out of her way to educate her self about them and not joke about abandoning it, you shouldn't make excuses for her:(

Good luck with it all and keep us updated, oh and piccies! :D

Well done on taking this poor bun in, goodness know where it would have ended up otherwise :cry:

I have no advice re the bond I'm afraid but just wanted to say that I disagree about this woman; if she meant well and did actually care for the bun she would go out of her way to educate her self about them and not joke about abandoning it, you shouldn't make excuses for her:(

Good luck with it all and keep us updated, oh and piccies! :D

I know i shouldnt and i thought that whilst typing...
Im a softie when it comes to bunnies needing homes!

I will keep updated - promise also promise the piccies!

xx

P.S i did give her a telling off and she said its only a rabbit and apparently she told her husband what i had said and he replied saying "well we fed it" so hhumm

Good luck with bonding a 4. We've done our first bonding of a pair this week for 2 of our boarders and I swear I am greyer than when I started.
I dont think you're that far from us, so if I hear screaming or notice the sky has gone blue I'll know why:lol:

Good luck with bonding a 4. We've done our first bonding of a pair this week for 2 of our boarders and I swear I am greyer than when I started.
I dont think you're that far from us, so if I hear screaming or notice the sky has gone blue I'll know why:lol:

haha wont be for a few months yet.....
I bonded a pair of rabbits a month ago and 3girl Gp's aswell..it was stressful but worth it!

Ohh could i bring them to youuu :rolleyes:

LOL Do you want me to go grey overnight?:lol: It was bad enough doing a pair and by all accounts they were fairly easily bonded after reports I've read on here of others problems. But a 4some no thanks, I'll leave that one to you or someone far more experienced with bonding. They can come to stay though once they are all nice and snuggly:lol:

LOL Do you want me to go grey overnight?:lol: It was bad enough doing a pair and by all accounts they were fairly easily bonded after reports I've read on here of others problems. But a 4some no thanks, I'll leave that one to you or someone far more experienced with bonding. They can come to stay though once they are all nice and snuggly:lol:

Lol orr are you sure?? Can i not persuade you hehe.
Thanks though!

x

Well the bunny has arrived......

and She is a HE lol.

God knows how they didnt know...Hummm.

Hes abit scared obviously! Seems okay health wise, nails and teeth look okay. His coat looks healthy...has abit of a belly but he will be gettin plenty of excercise once been wormed. Keeping him in house till i know hes okay, plus going to vets for a general health check...

But i must say he is stunnnnnninggggggggggg!!

Here he is...

03062008092.jpg

03062008090.jpg

03062008091.jpg

Photo0086.jpg

Photo0082.jpg

I am going to get him "done" and then try bond him with my other singles.....which means 3boys and 1girl....what do you guys think? It will be in about 6months time....

x

Back