• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House Buns-Are they confined to one or two rooms?

Cant see why not....aslong as they get to roam free every now and again! :D

You gettin more bunnies?

x

Honey is in one room as we have a dog. She also has a playhouse when its nice and I am not at work. So it would be fine.

My two have a cage (well, it's two cages and a pen all put together) for when I'm at work and at night. When I'm in they're free range upstairs so they have the room their cage is in (though that takes up most of the room), the landing, bathroom and my bedroom.

A utility room sounds a great place for them.

Our foursome have their own room :lol: and then free range around the rest of the house (with all the bedroom doors shut!) when we're here. They're as happy as larry with that arrangement! x

Bobbin and Roo have one room and get to run around the rest of the floor when I'm down there doing things. I don't think it's necessary to have free range house buns unless you want to, sometimes it's just not practical (although I would love to :() :lol:

Sounds like a good system you have planned, the best of both inside and outside worlds :thumb:

We've just moved our two into the spare room. So they have run of that room all the time and let out through the upstairs (and downstairs if they want) when we are in.

our lounge isnt the biggest of lounges but it has a scooby doo tent a large kids one which then has a coffee table in front of it giving the frencies a "porch":lol: beside the bigger tent entrance on the side are two dog bowls..one of water one of allen and page pellets..in front of that across the way is the cat tree behind a ferplast triolitter tray.....just around the corner is another ferplast tray and a well munched huge cardboard box and the hay box the other side..the food box is next to the other tray. right so thats we have no space for a table and chairs and why people have to tread carefully as berties poos have a life of their own:shock::lol:

the other half of the lounge has a settee across the far wall with a tv to one side of that and the pc on trolley..opposite from that is two armchairs wedged together.....in the middle is 3 to 4 panels depending on the time of playpen protecting a montana 100 cage on the middle of the floor.
the frenhcies free ram 24/7.the litties had to be split whilst bif was ill so bandt used to have a dog crate alongside bifs cage.
i have nowhere to walk easily and my feet were cramped up..now thyve been bonded and in one cage its easier...

but im getting tehm a new hutch combo to put where one armchair cat tree and hay box is now. then they will have the run of their end of the lounge with tha hallway when i get the babay gate to stop willow coming round thru the kitchen and into the hallway!
willow and bertie get 3/4 of my lounge and the kitchen whcih isnyt massive but a room for them to run thru or in willows casee self servie for food! human food!
overnite the tinies will be caged up and blocked off iwth panels and the frenchies will have the run or the odwnstairs and willow will as she does play with the cats overnite up and down the tsiars and in and out of our rooms!

does that make me bad stuffing them and two cats and us in one room?

My 3 live in the kitchen which is quite big, then when nice weather they are free in the garden with Roger normally eating the plants. It's quite funny in one way as he sits on one to eat another :lol: But on the other hand it's :censored:

Currently my house buns have the sun room to themselves, but can get into the kitchen when we're at home.

I've had a totally free range bun before, but we had to stop her going in our bedroom because she would run under the bed and spray urine up the walls :roll:

sorrel is confined to my bedroom but only cos my hosuemate is allergic to her.

I dont think its a problem for them to be confised to a room as long as its a decent size.

Back