• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do I Hoover???

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Not realised how difficult it is to hoover when you have a house rabbit!!! There is hay and poop all over the dining room floor from Twinkle, but the hoover terrifies her!!!

Its gonna be a strategic operation to get her into another room without the cats seeing her, whilst I run round with the hoover!

Anyone else got this problem? Any tips? Do they get used to the noise?

Wes used to be afraid of it and that was great when I was hoovering out his cage (well, the last bits in the corners ^^), he'd just go hide under the table.

Now he's not scared and comes and puts his nose in what I am doing. Inconvenient bunny!

I would just put her up on a chair (nothing too high incase she jumps off in a panic) and she'll get used to you hoovering if she's in her 'safe place' hopefully :) I solved the problem rather drastically by taking all the carpets up and using a broom :lol:

I give mine a treat as soon as I finish hoovering. They still hide when it's on but the moment it's switched of they coming running straight over begging for their treat :D

Lucy and Jive are curious and Billy attacks it :lol::lol::lol:

He thinks he is protecting Mummy from the Bad noisy thing :lol:

I have laminate downstairs but still need to hoover it as i get bunny tumbleweed.... (a mix of hay and fluff blowing round the floor) :lol:

alvin has no reaction to the hoover.. he often tries to sniff the nozzle and i have to hoover around him till he moves..

pearl was pertrified at first and would run about like a mad woman but now she just flattens herself and waits for it to end :lol::lol:

Belle and Jess don't move and I have to hoover around them. Perry isnt a massive fan but jumps in his cage. Twinkle thinks the world is crashing round her ears, runs from side to side in panic and jumps on the nearest piece of furniture where she curses me to high heaven and takes the whole thing personally. I wouldn't mind, they're all her poos!!! The hairdryer thing makes me laugh. They all love it! I put it on cool and put it on them and they cant get enough. Funny lil' things aren't they? :lol:

Bobbin doesn't mind the hoover one bit, but I guess that's because he can't hear it being stone deaf :rolleyes: :lol:

Little Roo was terrified the first time I brought it out since having her and ended up putting them in the bathroom whilst I did there room. Last time and today she was not as bad and only went it one corner when I came near to the cage with it.

I'd never do it with them out of the cage in case one of them got to the cable without me seeing :shock: But it would depend on the bun and how laid back they are! :lol:

I make sure mine are in their cage when I'm hoovering - and give them something nice to eat to distract them. The hoover I've got now though is so quiet I'm not sure they're even aware of it. I can't believe something so powerful is so quiet - unlike my old Dyson which was useless and very very loud :shock:

alvin has no reaction to the hoover.. he often tries to sniff the nozzle and i have to hoover around him till he moves..

pearl was pertrified at first and would run about like a mad woman but now she just flattens herself and waits for it to end :lol::lol:

yeah Alvin! when the attatchment is on the Dyson, carlton sticks his face up to it so his whiskers get sucked in :roll: :lol: he follows the Dyson round and tries to be helpful! :lol:

Back