• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starting Own Bunny Boarding. Advice Please.

ribbons

Mama Doe
Hello there...
Just a quick hello as I am new to this site!:wave:
Nice to see such a nice site looking out for bunnies...

I have had rabbits for many years now but due to poor health I took time out from bunnies... I have 15 ponies & 10 dogs as well as two parrots & my three gorgeous bunnies & two guineas. I have been mad about animals since I can remember but due to my health I have been told I may not ever be able to ride again... I have not been able to work with my ponies for over a year & a half since taking ill & I am missing being around my animals.
Due to my health I have been unable to work & I am now ready to get my life back on track... I am still not well enough for full time work & cant do long hours.

I was thinking that looking after bunnies whilst their owners were on holiday could be perfect for me as I can work from home, not too strenuous & most of all I get to work with animals!
:)
Just looking for some advice from you all please.

I would also donate money to an animal charity for every bunny that stays with me as before taking ill I use to run charity horse shows & loved it.

Would I need insurance for this facility?

Thanks guys!:wave:

Last edited:
:wave: Welcome to the forum :)

I think you would need insurance :) There are some members on here who do bunny boarding so im sure they can give you advice

Have you thought about fostering for a rabbit rescue if it doesnt work out with the boarding? x

Hey there!

Thanks for your reply!:)

What do you mean bunny fostering????

I am open to suggestions as I just want to get back on track, I was a designer before taking ill but I am not well enough for my job so I need a less stressful route.

It means the buns live at these people houses while they wait for a new forever home. I think each rescue is different with how they do it and how much responsibility the foster takes so if its something your interested in its best to ask your local rescues :) Having people who foster the buns means the rescue can help more in need as they have extra space.

If your looking for a way to make some money then I would go for bunny boarding :)

Thanks again Silly Rabbit!:D

I would be delighted to help out with that & would certainly have plenty of space & time for bunnies in need.

Could I do both?

I would have thought so :) Even if you only have room to foster one rabbit, thats still one more space made for another bun that needs help :) x

Very true!
I am based 20 mins from Glasgow so how do I find out about helping?

Oh one thing I need to know is can I keep my bunnies in the same building as the guests?

All mine are fully vaccinated so can't see a problem there.

What kind of building? :oops: Do you mean a house or a shed :D If I was fostering I would keep them seperate :)

Umm I dunno how to find your local one! Do you have an RSPCA near you? You could ask them or there may be a list or rescues on here :)

What kind of building? :oops: Do you mean a house or a shed :D If I was fostering I would keep them seperate :)

Umm I dunno how to find your local one! Do you have an RSPCA near you? You could ask them or there may be a list or rescues on here :)

Hi again.

It is a large stone building, secure with two large stables & windows. I use to keep my bunnies in it when I use to breed so it makes a good home for them.

I do have an SSPCA near us so I will check that out thanks.:)

So I need to find out if it is okay to keep guest rabbits in the same building as my rabbits but in different rooms as such??

It would be good if that was fine as then it gives plenty room for pens.

Thanks again :wave:

Hi again folks...

Is there anyone on here that can give me some more advice please?

Really keen on starting own bunny boarding but not sure of the exact in's & outs & could do with some advice.

Much appreciated!

Hiya Ribbons, we run a bunny boarding facility here in South Yorkshire. If you want to pm me any questions etc I'l be happy to help where I can.

On thing though - you mentioned you thought it wouldn't be too strenuous. I dont know what your health problem is/was but beleive me it is very hard work. We often start at 6am and dont finish until gone 11pm most nights, plus it isn't cheap to set up if you are to do it properly, there's the accounts, advertising and marketing, paperwork, insurance etc etc just for starters.

Hiya Ribbons, we run a bunny boarding facility here in South Yorkshire. If you want to pm me any questions etc I'l be happy to help where I can.

On thing though - you mentioned you thought it wouldn't be too strenuous. I dont know what your health problem is/was but beleive me it is very hard work. We often start at 6am and dont finish until gone 11pm most nights, plus it isn't cheap to set up if you are to do it properly, there's the accounts, advertising and marketing, paperwork, insurance etc etc just for starters.

Thank you for your reply... I will pm you:wave:

Back