• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kennel/aviary recommendation for 3 buns please :)

Treacle44

Warren Scout
Now the rubbish run we bought on ebay has fallen apart, I really want to get a kennel and run type combo for our three mini rex's.

We currently have the Thistle Hall hutch and under run so I'm not sure whether to just go for a kennel and run thing or buy a cheaper aviary and put the hutch inside it for them to use and to shut them up in at night as we get a lot of foxes around.

Don't really spend more than £250, is it possible to get anything decent for under this?

Thanks for any help :)

x

personally if you have the space I would get a shed and run, they are probably cheaper too! or a playhouse and run :D

B and Q do a 6"4 shed for around £130 so if you got that or similar you would still have £120 for a good run :D

Hiya

The thing is DH isn't that handy DIY wise so wouldn't have a clue how to go about attaching a run to a shed properly and it being safe! :shock::D

Hiya

The thing is DH isn't that handy DIY wise so wouldn't have a clue how to go about attaching a run to a shed properly and it being safe! :shock::D

I looked at kennels and aviarys for our garden as we're moving our buns outside, in the end I got a playhouse and am planning to construct a run. I think it is cheaper. You could always ask for people to post close up piccies of how they have attached their runs to sheds. I worry like you do about security etc and I plan to use the hard mesh (or whatever its called, the stuff in on the thistle hall hutch) rather than regular mesh as I want it to be REALLY secure :D

ETA- I looked on ebay for kennels and they all seemed to be £300-400 ish.
A place near us sells aviary panels, which I think would be cheaper than buying a ready made one, but then you or DH will still have to attach it together :?

Last edited:
My kennel cost a little more than this i think but it was intended for my dog!
It is brilliant though and they do love it

Back