• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics of Flopsybananabuttercup.

Hi,

Here's the 'Flops' while out yesterday. She's now 9 weeks old.
She gets about 2 hours every day running around the garden. Currently she is staying at my daughters as we are in the middle of moving house.
She is in a 4 x 2 x 2 at the minute but will be in a 6x2x2 with a run under like the one from happy hutch when I've moved house. A friend is busy building it at the moment.

DSC02953-1.jpg

DSC02958.jpg

DSC02967.jpg

Flops

Hi,

Yes she is a continental giant. She's only 9 weeks old and already quite big.

She got the name because everyone I asked to thnk of names were coming out with 'Thumper', 'BunBun' and other 'rabbity' names.
She was runing round the garden getting in the plantpots and I just came out with 'Flopsybananabuttercup' in a very stern voice and it seems to have stuck.
She actually stops whatever she's doing when I give her her full name but she is just 'Flops' most of the time.

My son did want to call her BFG, Big Friendly Giant, but I didn't like that very much.

I also have a Rottweiller called 'Saxonianbograt', a mastiff called 'Raggamuffin' and St Bernard X called 'Tudorcrisp'.

Kibbles,

I don't mind you using the pics if you want to.

Flops

Do you mind me asking where you got her from as she looks very similar Bugsy at that age.

Last edited:

I got her from Mansfield.
We drove for over 3.5 hours to go get her.

I think Bugsy is a good bit bigger than her though. That will be because he's a buck????

I got a doe because although I wanted a big big rabbit her Dad was a massive. Besides all the bucks I've had in the past, not giants, have been hormonal.
He was well over 20lbs I'm sure.

I just can't get over the size of her feet.
My Grandkids can just walk over to her when she's in the garden and pick her up. She doesn't give a fig. She doesn't run away from them.
I keep telling the 5yr old she won't be able to pick her up when she's older but I don't think she believes me!!!!!!

Gorgeous bunster! I love her name. I love unusual names. Mine were all named already when i got them, apart from Lily, whose official name is lily-May of Lilliana, depending on how I feel!

I got Bugsy from Essex which was an eight hour round trip.My kind OH drove me and hes not that keen on rabbits.Bugsy is just over a year old now and hes nearky 8kgs and he has got wapping feet.Im just glad that hes so friendly and docile.I do worry though because if anyone comes into the garden he runs up to them as if to say Im here and Id be devestated if he got pinched.

ahh both your buns are agoutis,
theyre always generally larger than the other conti colours

and Maizey, your bun is huuuuugeee of 10 weeks old!!
those ears :love::love:

i bet everyone is sick of seeing my conti :oops:
but here she is
219z968.jpg

shes dark steel, 4 and a half months old and weighs 4 kilos!
shes a big girl!!

Hi,

The last time I had a rabbit it was over 15yrs ago. People didn't neuter them much then and the vets didn't have much experience with little furries.

Mind you I did have a rat neutered but the vet said it was a 'touch and go' op at the time.

I haven't weighed Flops but I would think she is good weight.

I have a naked rat going in for his eye removed tomorrow so I'm glad the vets are better with small 'not so furries' now.

Flops

Hi,

The last time I had a rabbit it was over 15yrs ago. People didn't neuter them much then and the vets didn't have much experience with little furries.

Mind you I did have a rat neutered but the vet said it was a 'touch and go' op at the time.

I haven't weighed Flops but I would think she is good weight.

I have a naked rat going in for his eye removed tomorrow so I'm glad the vets are better with small 'not so furries' now.

Flops

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
a naked rat :shock::shock:

you MUST post some pictures.

and i bet you'll be suprised at the weight of flops - gonna be a hugeeeee one by the looks of it :lol:

Back