• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is it with rabbits & poo?!

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Seriously :roll: Long day, Just got in & thought I'd go out & see the bunsters...Daniels backside is in need of a bum bath, which sends him mental & Rhia now has added patches all over her on one side, of dried poo. Looovely :rolleyes: She must've flopped in Dan's mess or something cos he cant have poo'd all down her side, and her bottoms nice and clean?! :? Just waiting for kettle to boil to start battling with them to clean em up...Should've stuck with goldfish :lol:

They can roll in poo to cool themselves down or to get rid of smell,scent thing from predators etc.It is a pain in the butt but haha....:lol:

Even if the poos not actually stuck to the bottom? The things they drive you to...talking about poo in so much detail?! :oops:

*relishing a poo conversation when she's just had dinner* :D If it's not stuck on I guess a damp flannel is your best bet for getting most of it off, then when it's dry use the cornflour to get the fur clean? Whenever I used to wash a dirty pigs bum it just spread the poo further and it then set like rock on their skin - it's very hard to properly wash a wriggling piggie, never mind a flailing rabbit - I dread to think :shock:

Yeah I usually use cotton wool pads but have given up, he started grinding his teeth & hid under the hutch from me for ages. He has something a bit odd going on down there...we're at the vets on Monday so just going to let them sort him out X

ETA - I know, its gross isnt it?! :oops:

Have you caught him from under his hutch yet? Glad you reworded this thread compared to how you put it in my texts:lol:

Have you caught him from under his hutch yet? Glad you reworded this thread compared to how you put it in my texts:lol:

The txts were mild compared to what I was thinking! Daniel was sat there eyeing my up as I lay on the floor trying to keep the hysteria out of my voice, whilst Bee sat shaking the bars of the hutch with her :censored:ing teeth - I wasnt the happiest bunny! X

ETA - Just realised that you probably meant the creases and ahem things :oops::lol:

Some people :rolleyes: Well if his :censored:s havent cleared up after vets then they are coming to stay with Auntie Lynne for a bit :lol: X

Back