• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is this ok?x

kimd6200

Banned
hi all,bluebell hates being picked up,to the point she will nibble your clothes to put her down so if i ever need move her i put her in a pet carrier.when i let her out for a run i just open her door n she hops out n goes back in when shes ready.is it ok to never handle your bunny unless its urgent?she seems happier when i dont touch her.im allowed one stroke in the morning then i get a thump off her.:oops::lol:xxxx

most of my bunnies hate being picked up. i make sure that i pick them up for health checks but that is it. i wouldn't worry about it, just make sure you keep checking her bum is clean.

Hi Kim,

To be honest I only have one bunny who seems to like being held.
All the others have strokes (Dora is only just learning to like those!) and I use carriers to move most of them to runs etc.

The only time I touch them more is to check them for flys etc (warm weather increases the risk of flystrike) Even for this I have some buns who hate it so I peer underneath them and feel with my hand :oops: (ok gross I know and my neighbours think I am mad) It is very natural for rabbits to not like being held and lifted as they are prey animals.

It sounds like you are doing the right thing by Bluebell but I would suggest checking her at least once a day 'underneath' even if you don't lift her off the ground to do it.:D

Lucy x

i check her bum but thats about it.goin vets next week cuz needs her claws clipped but i darent cuz of my bump n her back legs are so powerfull. stroppy mare.roll on neutering.erm,when can that be dont actually after babies?around 13wks now?surely she can be done now?x:?

No she can't be neutered until the very earliest 5mths but my vet prefers to do giants at 6mths. 13wks is way to young:D

The easiest way to hold a bunny is to pick it up and put it on its back and hold it tight to your body as you would a baby.
It's a very vulnerable position, all 4 feet off the ground ( in the wild )
I only pick up Toffee for transportation and the odd cuddle :)

no sorry kayj show of explained,she had a litter n they are 13wks old now.:oops:i was told she needs a considerable amount of time to recover before she can be neutered.surely she can be soon?xxxx

I didnt realise bluebell had had babies.... which bunny was the daddy i thought you only had one looking at your siggy?!? Are they still with you the babies?

i dont wish to go into all this again.:)all are rehomed bar bluebell.going ring my vets tomorrow see when she can be neutered.x

Back