• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

***URGENT*** Aggressive Bunny people

Is there any way that you could add some more info to your post? Only it might help with people giving you advice...:)

Rocky seems to have snapped. He is lunging at me, o/h cuddly toys anything and everything! I can't work it out,nothing has changed!! He is grunting. He is like a rabid dog :shock::shock::shock:

I am scared of him.

Is he neutered? How old is he? Has he had any medical history? Has he changed regarding his eating habits. Could he be ill and this is his way of protecting himself?

He is not in any pain, I have checked him all over, he has no different eating habits, he is neutered. He seems to have just gone strange!! :shock:

Are you sure Billy hasn't bitten him when they had that fight earlier (seem to remember something in another thread?) :shock:

Are you sure Billy hasn't bitten him when they had that fight earlier (seem to remember something in another thread?) :shock:

No Billy wasnt fighting back it was all Rocky, Billy thinks Rocky is his friend!!!

Rocky is actually trying to get me :cry::cry:

Have you recently got a female, unneutred rabbit. Even though they are done, a female in season could spark off undesirable behaviour.

The bunny I had that became aggressive turned out to have cancer which was only detectable by Xray. I'm not saying this is what has happened to your bunny, but it might be worth getting him a full health check.

ours did that when we had a gas leak good job oto else we may have never found it! hope its not anything as serious though

I had a rabbit just turn and then was a brain tumour , I really think you would be better getting him checked out at the vets for him and your own piece of mind. Rabbits are good at masking pain so just because you don't think he is in any pain doesn't mean he isn't. Good luck and hope you get to the bottom of it.
Kay

bit of a coincidence with his pal just being done though isn't it? I wonder if the stress made him have a bit of a fit - he might be better tomorrow I hope?

I know this sounds stupid, but is anyone in the house having their monthlies:oops::oops: That also can turn a male bun aggressive - try and see if someone else can handle him for a while. Also, a vet trip would be a really good idea:)

What is the weather like?Sometimes if it is too warm an animal will go like that.He's maybe having a bad day (I believe animals can have them too) and a wee vet check up won't do any harm.All the best.

I know this sounds stupid, but is anyone in the house having their monthlies:oops::oops: That also can turn a male bun aggressive - try and see if someone else can handle him for a while. Also, a vet trip would be a really good idea:)

:shock: wow, can it?

Back