• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Early pregnancies?

Lucy

Warren Veteran
Hi guys, just wanted a bit of info from people please. I have had some neglected rabbits come in from an inspector. There were 2 x 6 month females in a vile little rat cage and the mom, dad and 4 x 3 month old females in a 3 or 4ft hutch.

Does anyone know of any rabbits that have caught as early as 3 months? I would say not, but I don't want to tempt fate by being too sure of myself :lol:

The 6 month olds are not a problem as we can spay them straight away.

I would say the chance is higher the smaller the breed of rabbit is as they mature quicker.

I personally don't know of any becoming pregnant at 12 weeks but I have heard talk of it :?

They are medium lops. I hope they're going to be ok, I wouldn't imagine they would have been caught, but I never like to be too confident in these matters :lol:

I've heard of lionheads who gave birth at the age of four months. :cry: (bred at age 3 months)
There's little to do about it sadly, other than to hope they're not pregnant or that the birth goes smoothly. (The lionhead I heard of raised all of her babies thankfully)

Back