• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new hamster

bunlover

Warren Veteran
WELL WE HAVE 2 NEW HAMSTERS one is called pop tart (will upload pictures next time)
and this little man frankie! they are both loverely adn are rescues...pop tart was reduced in a pet shop bless her all alone in a small glass tank with no wheel toys house and all she had was a tiny bit of wood chips and a food and water bowl, she was £2. bless her so i took her home to a nice big cage with all accessories!

frank:
Frankthehamsterblurred.jpg

Frankincagebypotty.jpg

frankie was free to good home he hada cage with nothing in and he apparenlty once had a wheel but it made too much noise so was taken out... grrrrrr he now happy too oobviously tho one is male one is female they will not be put together as i dont want to breed them they get let out seperatly for runs tho.

Awww i love syrians. My hammy Button died last year and I'm thinking of putting my old cage to good use so its nice to see such a cute and fluffy one to remind me!!

Awe gorgeous,so cute haha.My two get out seperate to run about and love it.They live seperately too.They are like wee minnie hoovers haha.Enjoy your new hamsters x

Last edited:
Cute! He looks like a long haired syrian, syrians should be housed alone regardless of gender. They are solitary animals and will fight, and can even kill if they are put with another hamster.

Cute! He looks like a long haired syrian, syrians should be housed alone regardless of gender. They are solitary animals and will fight, and can even kill if they are put with another hamster.
er yes i know that but thanks....i just meant that although i have 2 9housed seperatly) and they are opposite sex i wasnt intending to breed them so no one thought that i was have kept hammies for many many years i love them!!!!!

awww i love them! i really reall ywant a hamster but mums having none of it
:( any tips of persuation? i even have the money to buy the cage!!! she still said no :(

Sorry, was just making sure xx

no probs i had a look what i wrote wasnt very clear anyhow!!!! :) aww they are happily settling in.... wish you could neuter and bond syrians, like rabbits but i am told it cannot be done.... :( stil they love cuddles with us so its ok)

Aww what cuties. I have two of the russian ones left I had 6 in one large tank and 4 in another I rescued a few years ago but only have 2 left now as they all died from old age these two seem to be on there way out now too:cry:. Having said that I have thought this for the last 3 months and there still going even if they are very woobly.
I also have 3 gerbils and they are so so funny to watch always busy in there own little way and I love them because I can pick them up and hold them. 2 of them kiss me too if I put them up close to me which everyone thinks is so funny to watch :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back