• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which veggies and how much?update i been shopping!

vicky206

Mama Doe
i have books but they are give yes and no lists!

for each day how much would you feed and which ones? thanks:wave:

Last edited:
i stick to low calcium herbs and veg, my monster gets coriander everyday and things like mint, basil, lemon thyme, thyme. parsley is a high calcium herb so that's a couple of times a week treat, as is a piece of carrot. Carlton's a mini lop and gets about a fistful of herbs and veg a day, i don't really weigh it! :wave:

Mine get veggies every day.. ( 3 celery stick ) and then i give them a rest alot as they are over weight!!!
Ummmm a little every day it should be.

they are best kept to a little veg, same every day - seems boring to us but rabbits like boring - mine look far from bored with their veg they've been eating every day for 3 years - they still go mad for it :lol: Also don't give veg last thing at night - if it's left hanging about and wilts before being eaten, you will have a poorly bunny, plus they should be eating their caecal poops at night, and veggies would tempt them to leave poops.

mine get a small chunk of carrot, a small knob of brocolli floret, and a medium sized leaf of spring greens daily (if it's a bit occasional they can get stomach upsets again - needs to be regular)

they're also getting a handful of nice long grass and a few dandelion leaves at the mo as my garden's full of it, but Primrose has had gas or stasis or something bad twice now so I think I'll just leave it out and stick to boring again :roll:

0thanks for your replies everyone always get confused with veggies so this has been great i know now that i can keep the same ones each night as i was concerned that changing them constantly would upset the stomach so i had been keeping the same ones but thought that would get boring so glad to hear it does not matter for buns :wave:

right i purchased some curly cale,carrotts and cauliflower so should i chop small pieces and feed about 5pm?:)

If they've not had cauliflower before I would just give them a bit as big as a pea - it might cause gas otherwise. carrots are sugary so they only should have a small chunk/3 or 4 slices of a medium carrot (good to use as treats if you cut a slice in half you have 8 treats to last all day!) kale is fine if they're used to greens - it's just the same but much higher calcium so don't give more than a handful :)

thanks for info elve i will keep to really small bits the last thing i want is any gut problems after the last scare:roll:

Back